running a private instance

spurgurgle

ok im a newb.... so here's a simple question.

now there server files are released.. can i run a private server on my own machine? i ask this as i would like to make some twitch/youtube content on base build and base building tutorials....

but to do this i would need  some form of private server... as to not be killed every 10 min whilst recording???

if this is possible can someone point me in the right direction to get started on this...

basicly i want to know if i can run a private server for me and maybe 1-2 friends to record some footage on?

Again, all the instructions come with the files. In your "DB" folder, there is a text file that contains everything you need to know. You shouldn't need to change anything (except maybe reduce the default allocation size for Redis). Then modify your EpochHive configuration to make sure your address, port and password are all correct.

ok so i think i have this working...

i have reddis running i launch the arma 3 server and it says

15:43:23 Dedicated host created.
15:43:28 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.197)
15:43:28 Host identity created.
15:43:28 Game Port: 6379, Steam Query Port: 6380

i then launch my steam and arma game...
use remote to search for my local server...

find it but its called spurgs pc instead of spurgs playground

i join it and it puts me in the mission select screen??? i select epoch mod and click "vote" then in the arma 3 server console it says i disconnect...???

wha have i done wrong. i followed all the steps in the intstall read me???

ok so i think i have this working...

i have reddis running i launch the arma 3 server and it says

15:43:23 Dedicated host created.
15:43:28 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.197)
15:43:28 Host identity created.
15:43:28 Game Port: 6379, Steam Query Port: 6380

i then launch my steam and arma game...
use remote to search for my local server...

find it but its called spurgs pc instead of spurgs playground

i join it and it puts me in the mission select screen??? i select epoch mod and click "vote" then in the arma 3 server console it says i disconnect...???

wha have i done wrong. i followed all the steps in the intstall read me???

what params are you calling a3server.exe with? can you paste us here your startup params?

edit: in the instructions it says to use the path in the startup params, I just used a relative path instead of C:\server\SC\config.cfg I used SC\config.cfg etc.

"E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=SC\config.cfg -ip=127.0.0.1 -port=6379 -profiles=SC -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -name=SC

try that.  Also if the name of your server is your computer's name then it is not picking up the config.cfg file

ok i edit the launch paramiters like above and its now saying the correct server name and i jion with my password ... 

and get this error message

"you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downlaodable content that has been deleted.A3_epoch_config"

wtf??? lol

bet its somethign silly yeah???

ive read the install text and for the life of me don't know how to set up redis (do i keep the 6379 as port?  I run the start-redis and says ready for connections) ... im able to connect fine to my server, server shows on steam, good but no saving is happening ... also is it because its in dev (is it supposed to be dev?) that it cant connect to battleye server?  thanks for everything ... im kinda lost