Spawn Zombie Horde

legionofvega

Question

So I've looked at this link and posted something here:

I cannot seem to get a large group (200-300) zombies to spawn at one time in a certain location in a city on the Lingor map.  I get a larger amount of zombies quicker but I'm looking for a much larger group to spawn.  My hope was to create some type of event that players could try and make it to the center of the city to loot crates while avoiding or dealing with a large horde spawning around them.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

12 answers to this question

afaik there's a hardcoded limit set to 144 groups in the engine, AI are not the only ones using these groups tho, a player corpse would be a single group. Sorry that's all I got for now, but hope this points you in right direction

I beleive zombies are agents, which don't get assigned to groups.

yeah, good point. Don't you still need someone controlling them? Something that takes up a group? Or was it player's PC that they are "attached" to?

It's an interesting topic, not touched that much tbh.

Agents have no AI whatsoever. The only AI they have will be wrote by the creator, just as the zombies of DayZ/Epoch/other mods were. The owner can be a client or the server, aslong as the agent is provided with some sort of AI script they will do as they are told. This is why if you just create an agent right in front of you they stand there like a flippin idiot.

Legion - do you just want a ton of zombies in cities, or an actual horde that wanders around the map?

A horde that wanders around the map would be sick, but I don't think it is easy to do since I believe that zombies are spawned by the client entering certain areas (thus making y'all able to spot players as there will be zombies in that area). I also found out with my experience that zombies disappear when you leave the said area (probably to lower the work of the server).

I think a SHITTON of zombie in one area could do it, in the case of an event...

The headless client project takes the spawning of zombies off the players, and spawns them server side, allowing for the CONCEPT of spawning a large horde.

the lots and lots of zombies in a city is way easier to program in. There becomes a point where a lot is actually too many... and causes extreme lag. Any more then 200 at a time, and even the better systems lose their framerates.

Well, the easiest way is to alter your max zed counts in your variables.sqf, and then increase the amount of zombies per building in your cfgbuildingloot.hpp file.   (both would need to be in your mission folder and working correctly).

But... that will result in a lot more zombies EVERYWHERE.

What you could do is add an object that's not normally in dayz, but in arma, near where you want them to all spawn via the mission.sqf in your server.pbo, and then add that class to your loot table call in your cfgbuildingloot.hpp file. Then jack the number of zombies spawned by that one object WAY the hell up.

(method one I currently use in conjunction with slow zombies - method 2 is untested)