Thoughts on Revive.

GasT

I think revive is to easy and quick to do and if it where up to me it should be removed, talked some with my group members regarding it and came up with 2 ideas that would balance it out some..

1. A timer of about 3-4 minutes after death when revive is not possible, offering the chance for a solo player to flank without the possibility that a team is instantly complete again. And it makes more sense in group vs group fights letting the winning group revive if it is a quick battle.

2. A longer animation while reviving of about 15+ seconds.

3. Another one I came while typing is that you would need to stabilize the dead player with either a first aid kit or 5 shots with a heal tool before being able to revive.

What do you think or do anyone have any other suggestions cause i really think something should be done about it.

You do realise the mod is in 2035 and new tech came out, and it is supposed to make things easier.
My group of 3 man killed alot of times groups with a larger amount of players in it, if you kill 1 of the players just go wait on his body to be revived kill him again and he wont be able to be revived again.

Nick I do realise it's a couple of years ahead but I'm thinking balance here.

And it takes 5 shots of heal to completely heal but only one shot to revive and heal completely.

I have over 1k hours in ARMA3 and play solo and in group up to 8ppl. Thanks to all that experience I have killed groups of 2-4 by myself, I consider myself being a bit above average in skill. Some days a beast some day's a noob, What I want to say with this is that I consider both group and solo play.

If I meet a group of 4+ solo and manage to kill 2 players I will need to move and can't over watch 2 bodies while one of them are trying to flank or pin me down while one revives. And saying your group takes out people while outnumbered most often means your above average in skills and need to think how it would be for the normal player.

Edit: And it's a big difference in being 3ppl or solo, and I like to be able to defend myself against groups the times I'm running solo.

Nick I do realise it's a couple of years ahead but I'm thinking balance here.

And it takes 5 shots of heal to completely heal but only one shot to revive and heal completely.

I have over 1k hours in ARMA3 and play solo and in group up to 8ppl. Thanks to all that experience I have killed groups of 2-4 by myself, I consider myself being a bit above average in skill. Some days a beast some day's a noob, What I want to say with this is that I consider both group and solo play.

If I meet a group of 4+ solo and manage to kill 2 players I will need to move and can't over watch 2 bodies while one of them are trying to flank or pin me down while one revives. And saying your group takes out people while outnumbered most often means your above average in skills and need to think how it would be for the normal player.

Edit: And it's a big difference in being 3ppl or solo, and I like to be able to defend myself against groups the times I'm running solo.

If you are solo you just should avoid big groups, and on the part where it only takes 1 shot to revive someone i think they also should change that maybe to 10 bullets to make it balanced, its kinda very op when you only need 1 shot to revive someone.

If you are solo you just should avoid big groups, and on the part where it only takes 1 shot to revive someone i think they also should change that maybe to 10 bullets to make it balanced, its kinda very op when you only need 1 shot to revive someone.

A increase in energy shot´s could be a solution or part of one to.

I agree the timer should be longer and a main reason I like the revive is because several times I have died due to Arma glitches, not by other players. In fact, most times I get revived it is not because another player killed me, but because of Arma/Epoch bugs. 

^^^ This.  If it takes multiple shots to heal, it should definitely take multiple shots to revive.  I think that alone would make a bit of a difference.  There should be an advantage to using a multi-gun if you have one though.  At least you can only be revived once.  If revives were unlimited then I'd definitely think drawing out the process over the amount of a few to several minutes would make a whole lot more sense.  I haven't really been in a situation where it put me at a disadvantage though.  What has put me at a disadvantage multiple times is people being able to repeatedly repair their vehicle instantaneously after barely being able to disable it, ultimately ending in my demise the majority of the time.  But I can imagine what it would be like if you were on your own or a small group and coming across a large group whose members could all be revived with a quarter clip of the multi-gun.

i think revive has to be looked at alot. way to easy with a gun, way to easy with one shot, you got 10 minutes to revive.

whats happens is a group of guys go out, one dies the others can flank around and find you while one just runs in like a mad man and revives his buddy, one shot bam hes 100%

it makes the big groups even stronger than they already are, totally takes away from the "survival" aspect and just overall difficulty of the game. one of the reasons why i liked epoch was because it was challenging and you really had to use some good tactics to take a group out alone.