Player kicked off by BattlEye: PublicVariable Restriction #0

CaptainReid

Hi,

I've recently setup a DayZ epoch mod server; and I'm having the following errors when i try to connect to the server (I get to the team select menu and load in).

The following errors are displayed in my server console:

Player Preid2905 kicked off by BattlEye: PublicVariable Restriction #0

"ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Preid2905 as no characterID"

Does anyone know how to fix these?

Do you have infiSTAR? 

If you do then use the Battleye Filters provided in the zip file he emails you.

If not then use the filters in expansion/battleye here https://github.com/denisio/Dayz-Epoch-Linux-Server

if that fails to work then in Steam, right click ArmA 2 & ArmA 2 OA and go to properties then Local Files Then Click " Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

Ooohh; I've possibly fixed the PublicVariable restriction issue by removing all files from the battleye folder and grabbing the latest version of battleye here http://battleye.com/download.html

Still having the other issue though, working on it now

since you don't have infiSTAR I recommend you get the default files from the Epoch Server Zip that you download here http://goo.gl/3GyZ0Pas these will be the latest, make sure that you check the mods you are trying to install don't require any edits to Battleye filters as I know a few do.

Any idea how to fix

"ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Preid2905 as no characterID"

Thats a problem a lot of people have its nothing to worry about.

Can now connect!

But get "authentication timeout" after a few secs

Make sure Battleye is upto date, latest one for Linux is here

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2oa/beserver.so

replace the one in expansion\battleye with that. and it should solve the problem

since you don't have infiSTAR I recommend you get the default files from the Epoch Server Zip that you download here http://goo.gl/3GyZ0Pas these will be the latest, make sure that you check the mods you are trying to install don't require any edits to Battleye filters as I know a few do.

When I add those it seems to bring back the  PublicVariable Restriction #0 issue :/

I can only ever seem to connect when there is nothing in the expansion/battleye folder but the beserver.so

Hm, on a fresh server you should not get kicked. And removing the files for sure helps (hackers ;) ).

There is something wrong with your installation I would say.

if (_characterID == "0") exitWith {
    diag_log ("ERROR: Cannot Sync Character " + (_name) + " as no characterID");
};

The question is why your characterID is 0.

Post your dump.log file so that we can see what happens there? Delete the content (> dump.log) and restart the server. Maybe we can see something there.

My dump.log can be found here (prior to below steps)

It really is weird this issue 

I'm going to try out the filters dean supplied and see if the issue occurs with them present ("Epoch AND OverPoch" filters? Or is that for a case where you are running overpoch and epoch together?)

With the above filters i was getting kicked for "BattlEye: Script Restriction #20"

With the DayZ 1.8.2 filters i get kicked for "BattlEye: Script Restriction #21"

I'll empty the log and restart the server  and post a freshlog as requested later on, got to go out now 

Hi CaptainReid:

./epoch.sh: line 1: ./epoch: No such file or directory  (<-- where is this coming from?)

Hm from the log I do not see something special.

This I see every day:

17:04:48 Player Preid2905 connecting.
17:04:48 Mission DayZ Epoch Chernarus read from bank.
17:04:52 Player Preid2905 disconnected.
17:04:52 BattlEye Server: Player #0 Preid2905 disconnected

I think it's related that people have wrong extensions enabled in the game menu (so Epoch and DayZ activated there...sonething like that). Can you connect to other Epoch servers?

If nothing helps I would delete content of table Character_DATA and delete all directories in cache/players/ to see what happens then. Maybe you've started once where the installation has not been finished yet or something and you got a wrong character line in the table which you now uses every time.

Hi CaptainReid:

./epoch.sh: line 1: ./epoch: No such file or directory  (<-- where is this coming from?)

Hm from the log I do not see something special.

This I see every day:

17:04:48 Player Preid2905 connecting.

17:04:48 Mission DayZ Epoch Chernarus read from bank.

17:04:52 Player Preid2905 disconnected.

17:04:52 BattlEye Server: Player #0 Preid2905 disconnected

I think it's related that people have wrong extensions enabled in the game menu (so Epoch and DayZ activated there...sonething like that). Can you connect to other Epoch servers?

If nothing helps I would delete content of table Character_DATA and delete all directories in cache/players/ to see what happens then. Maybe you've started once where the installation has not been finished yet or something and you got a wrong character line in the table which you now uses every time.

I can connect to other epoch servers fine. It's really weird. To confirm I need 1.8.2 DayZ mod for 1.0.5.1 Epoch mod?

Working on what you requested the other day now. Back at my pc

I can connect to other epoch servers fine. It's really weird. To confirm I need 1.8.2 DayZ mod for 1.0.5.1 Epoch mod?

Working on what you requested the other day now. Back at my pc

You don't need the DayZ mod at all Epoch comes with DayZ files 

I'm working on getting fresh logs with each of the filters,

Here's the log from the default epoch filters.

Are you using the very latest linux Epoch files from the github?

19:20:09 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
19:20:09 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

This should no longer show if so. 

Upload all of these files and keep them as default apart from writer for your database details 

https://github.com/denisio/Dayz-Epoch-Linux-Server

You don't need the DayZ mod at all Epoch comes with DayZ files 

Are you using the very latest linux Epoch files from the github?

19:20:09 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
19:20:09 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

This should no longer show if so. 

Upload all of these files and keep them as default apart from writer for your database details 

https://github.com/denisio/Dayz-Epoch-Linux-Server

Did that, now here's the new log, still getting timeouts..

Still trying out other filters.

Dump with the Epoch and Overpoch Filters . Causes issue: kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #20

Using Dean's filters. Still same issue as before: Authentication Timeout

On the possibility that i have a bad setup:

Here's a recursive ls -alh of my dayz server dir.