Server is showing 1.0.5 in DayZ Launcher

williamjbrown

Question

I have looked through multiple posts regarding this issue. I have tried many different setups and nothing is working. To my knowledge DayZ Launcher is the more popular option for the newer generation of arma 2 mod users. For some reason even though the name of the server has 1.0.5.1 in the name launcher still thinks its one version older. 1.0.5. Which is no good at all. 

Steam port and query port have been tried on 2300 and 2301 also 2303 and 2304. Nothing is working. 

I have opened up ports 2300-2320 due to also running a test server so ports wise I am fine. Dayz Launcher sees the server and everything. Just as the wrong version. :(

ANY help will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

William

11 answers to this question

Pretty sure the launcher uses some kind of caching that only queries servers once every x days/hours (?). When we switched a server from Epoch Chernarus to Epoch Taviana, it took the launcher a while to recognize that, it might be that.

Thank you, I think that might be the case as nothing else works. Thanks for trying though.

By the way great job with the WAI missions system. Was always my favorite. AI that are actually challenging. Nice touch with the mines. 

WIlliam

Thanks, same for me, that's why i felt like i needed to fix it for 1051 (used your files as a base).

The creator of Dayz Launcher is actually active on these forums (user: dayzlauncher), you might want to send him a PM.