Tipi's and Helis Radar

goldenz

We have created many tipi's and they founded the next day. We stored Tipi's inside Cave, Reeds Far away from spawn points and they still got stolen the next day. Does the Chopper Radar can find them or they find Vehicles only? Is there other people complaint of got their tipi's stolen the next day? Maybe there is some hackers can see all crafted tipi's because we crafted like 4 and all of them has been compromised the next day. 

Note: all the tipis we crafted were well hidden and not visible ( Inside reeds, Caves, etc..) 

I don't know about hackers being able to see them, but I do know people tend to check reeds and caves on the off-chance that someone has hidden a vehicle or TP in them.

If you're playing on even a fairly low population server, over a 24 hour period with multiple people looking in different areas it's going to become more likely that things will be found.

Also, if you don't have a heli to check when placing, there's a chance the TPs you're placing aren't quite so well hidden from the air.

I've had TPs raided that were well hidden, but have also had a couple random ones that were not particularly well hidden that were fine after a couple of days.

we had the same problem. all tents that we have built, were at least a couple of hours later rob, especially only the components. there were isolated which were shown in no case from the outside (inside stone, not to see them, not at all!)
We even had one in stone because there was nothing to see, so nothing, you stood in front of stone and pressed i, it went, but it was after 4 hours back out the components.

we play on znu02, and I do think that there are esp hacker, so the tent is indicated, especially because always the only components were gone, everything else still in there.

the only solution to collect the metal for the jammer, a colleague was our living tent, when we have found metal, we have brought it in and he has logged out

and tipis not on the heli radar.

translated with goggle translate

Not had an issue on ZNU02 regarding Tipis Altough some suspected ESP behaviour, people hunting one member and they turn around just when they are about to walk into our Ambush for example.

whitelist whitelist...

Old Breaking Point players knows which stones to look in since the time you could glitch storage there and common storage hideouts on Altis. Zombies has quite a few old BP players so that's probably your problem Suppe.

Old Breaking Point players knows which stones to look in since the time you could glitch storage there and common storage hideouts on Altis. Zombies has quite a few old BP players so that's probably your problem Suppe.

What do you mean when you say BP players? As in you suspect us for using ESP or just knowing that people can hide TPs in glitch areas :)

What do you mean when you say BP players? As in you suspect us for using ESP or just knowing that people can hide TPs in glitch areas :)

BP = Breaking Point, a mod for ARMA3 thats been out there for a long time. BP worked a long time to resolve glitching storage so many old BP players are used to hunt storage that is hidden inside objects and many of us know Altis very well.

I don´t suspect you for ESP, never mentioned any names but it´s not people I have seen when whitelisting has been active.

for what i get a ban ? we try and look what happend.... we have 2 test tent in a rock placed, to look at whether there disappears again what that was more of a test than anything else.
would be very hard for people to ban someone without pre-warning, is really only test.
but no matter, the stone tents could not found without esp, i think.
we have only wait and watched, but also stolen out of there.

i wrote the admin, he can delete the tipis.

for what i get a ban ? we try and look what happend.... we have 2 test tent in a rock placed, to look at whether there disappears again what that was more of a test than anything else.

would be very hard for people to ban someone without pre-warning, is really only test.

but no matter, the stone tents could not found without esp, i think.

we have only wait and watched, but also stolen out of there.

i wrote the admin, he can delete the tipis.

As i said if you reported it yourself your good. But don´t you think everyone would use a excuse as "test" purpose if caught, Glitchers should have no warning´s and at least a temporary ban.

Altough I´m 100% that there is not a place on Altis that is safe so I don´t think you can claim ESP for found Tipi´s. 

BP = Breaking Point, a mod for ARMA3 thats been out there for a long time. BP worked a long time to resolve glitching storage so many old BP players are used to hunt storage that is hidden inside objects and many of us know Altis very well.

I don´t suspect you for ESP, never mentioned any names but it´s not people I have seen when whitelisting has been active.

Oh my mistake, it's because our clan name is BP :) Just wanted to make sure (Y)

All choppers have it in their Copilot seat.. Really hope the Devs are working on removing them.

For sure wrong! For sure not all, they do have the circle at the top of the screen, you can see the degree of the compass, but you can not see vehicle or so on it. Maybe some got a radar, I flew only one chopper and this one didn't have a radar, it was an orca if I remember right.

the copilot on certain heli's have radar but it is very weak compared to the way it was in earlier patches.  Almost like they notched down the sensitivity.  Actually was flying around a car yesterday trying to test to see if the choppers still had it and it took forever for it to pop up.

All helis have radar in co-pilot (not in pilot), but as mentioned the "sensitivity" is very low on it. You have to have a direct view of the vehicle before it will pop up on radar, and even then it might not even show.

It won't show tipis or any form of buildings, and the Hummingbird radar doesn't show players as someone suggested.

It's easy to hide vehicles from helis, parking them inside buildings, under cover, or even under dense vegitation will take it off any heli's radar. Even steep valleys and ridgelines will hide it from the radar, unless the heli flies within the valley.

@GasT; I doubt the admins on former ZNU02 (now WTP) will be banning for glitching some storage into rocks, given that it's effectively the only way of keeping your shit out of the way considering the amount of base-glitching.

All helis have radar in co-pilot (not in pilot), but as mentioned the "sensitivity" is very low on it. You have to have a direct view of the vehicle before it will pop up on radar, and even then it might not even show.

It won't show tipis or any form of buildings, and the Hummingbird radar doesn't show players as someone suggested.

It's easy to hide vehicles from helis, parking them inside buildings, under cover, or even under dense vegitation will take it off any heli's radar. Even steep valleys and ridgelines will hide it from the radar, unless the heli flies within the valley.

@GasT; I doubt the admins on former ZNU02 (now WTP) will be banning for glitching some storage into rocks, given that it's effectively the only way of keeping your shit out of the way considering the amount of base-glitching.

Fisk one of the admins has said that using glitch to hide stuff is a bannable offense, using the glitch to raid a base or hiding your own storage is both as bad you are both using a bug to your advantage. To allow glitching because of baseglitchers would just be stupid.

Well, in that case somewhere near all basebuilding players on the server needs a ban.  :lol:

It's not something to discuss here, but on their forums, though. ;)  

I agree, I would like to see a thread from Devs and Admins that they take a stand against exploits, duping and put out some clear rules regarding building.

Fairplay players don´t even think about building in certain way´s because you know it´s not right and don´t expect bases to be impossible to break into while there are those that want their base to be impossible to break into and pulls the "everybody does it" have no limits on what they are doing right now.

Look at the base in the solartower, they have blocked of the ladders so how are you going to break in there when you can´t place explosives or hatchet on a ladder. Blow up the building and the Jammer plus their inventory will be floating in the air. They have magic foundation that floats in the air that prevents heli´s to land on top.

This is what I think is Epoch´s biggest problem right now, a really low moral in the playerbase and I think they need to react now.

There is definatly esp hacks out there. I was playing BP once and on the map a bunch of red dots and green dots appeared. It turned out the hacker failed and showed all players the spots for vehicles and storage (red dots were vehicles and green dots tents or crates). That was a while ago but I'm pretty sure these kinds of hacks are still out there unfortunately.