Pushing boats cause damage

JackalopeHunter

Have tried this on a number of servers since the .2 and .2.0.1 patch. Every time I push a boat out into the water my character gets a little damage. Not sure why, maybe because the boat is moving and I am close to it, after all you have to chase the boat out into the water to catch it. 

Also, why does everyone have to get out of the boat? Or is there a trick we missed to be able to push it when people are inside. 

Yes, you can get damage from running into boats. Just make sure you are decently far away from it when pushing it, and don't run right into it. I'm not sure why everyone has to get out of the boat to push it (probably because it would weigh too much to push with people in it, so it is a requirement to make it more realistic), I just know that you have to and only the person last in the drivers seat can push the boat. 

You need to make sure you are not touching the boat when its moving or you will take damage.

Yeah but most of the time they go out quite a ways before they stop. Would be nice if you could at least change it so that a person could stay in the boat and then start and stop it so you can get in. 

Just a thought, not a huge deal we can always work around little things. :)