You are already building or crafting bug

Ephox

Question

9 answers to this question

Just finished my first pull request on exactly that issue :)

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/pull/593

Let's hope the staff approves and gets out a hotfix soon.

To Serverowners that wanna fix it in the meantime:

Override your compiles.sqf + player_build.sqf (dayz_code.pbo) to get it into the mission and change the following:

_needNear = 	getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
	_need = _x select 0;
	_distance = _x select 1;

if("fire" in _need) then {
		_isNear = {inflamed _x} count (position player nearObjects _distance);
		if(_isNear == 0) then {  
			_abort = true;
			_reason = "fire";
		};
	};
	if("workshop" in _need) then {
		_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, ["Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","WorkBench_DZ"], _distance]);
		if(_isNear == 0) then {  
			_abort = true;
			_reason = "workshop";
		};
	};
	if("fueltank" in _need) then {
		_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, dayz_fuelsources, _distance]);
		if(_isNear == 0) then {  
			_abort = true;
			_reason = "fuel tank";
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

to:

_needNear = getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
	_need = _x select 0;
	_distance = _x select 1;
	switch(_need) do{
		case "fire":
		{
			_isNear = {inflamed _x} count (position player nearObjects _distance);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {  
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fire";
			};
		};
		case "workshop":
		{
			_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, ["Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","WorkBench_DZ"], _distance]);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {  
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "workshop";
			};
		};
		case "fueltank":
		{
			_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, dayz_fuelsources, _distance]);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {  
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fuel tank";
			};
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

And *chaching*, your Players can build Fuel Pumps again :)

Cheers,

DNightmare

Check my Link on how to overload/override compiles.sqf... it's a way to patch things on your server w/o the need for your players to download anything.

You basicly take the file you need (compiles.sqf + player_build.sqf) out of the DayZ Epoch Client Addon, put it inside your mission.pbo and fix or change things there.

When players connect, they will now use your file instead of the one in the Epoch Client.

So you grad those 2 files mentioned above, put them in your mission file, adjust them as needed (my override post explain the needed changes to the compiles side) and you have a fix for your server.

My Pull Request got merged to, so hotfix may be possible to and you don't have to do anything :)

Check my Link on how to overload/override compiles.sqf... it's a way to patch things on your server w/o the need for your players to download anything.

You basicly take the file you need (compiles.sqf + player_build.sqf) out of the DayZ Epoch Client Addon, put it inside your mission.pbo and fix or change things there.

When players connect, they will now use your file instead of the one in the Epoch Client.

So you grad those 2 files mentioned above, put them in your mission file, adjust them as needed (my override post explain the needed changes to the compiles side) and you have a fix for your server.

My Pull Request got merged to, so hotfix may be possible to and you don't have to do anything :)

Ah, thanks! I cant check if it works right now since im at school for another couple of hours but if anybody joins my server ill ask them to try placing things down.

Patched it on my server yesterday @ 10pm GMT. No errors found / reported from my survivors since then.

Fuel Pumps work as intended (only buildable near tanks/sources) and afterwards your menu returns to normal and you can buy/access gear/build more.

Okay, do you know what unknow documents do? (off topic but okay) I found two at my NW Military Compound but i couldn't do anything with them because i couldn't build/craft.