Water bases?

slittcer

I'm suprised his has not been discussed or maybe i haven't searched well enough but now with this change, one specific idea came into my head.

"[CHANGED] Modular building and safes now place perfectly vertical. This may cause some issues with existing bases."

Now not having to worry about terrain say out in the ocean or lakes, i think it would be good to allow the ability to build on water to construct a water base. Definitley encouraging players to go and use/buy from the boat dealers a lot more and gives the players something different from the usual building in land. This is just an idea, there must be a reason as to why you can't build on water but i can't seem to find that answer! So until then, i will let my imagination flow :P

Yep... and if you don't want a land connection at all(I do for vehicles) then you could build out to your chosen location using a 1/2 floor of wood then destroy the wood floors once you have the rest of your base set up. If DayZ had a ferry you could drive vehicles onto I would have a disconnected base. As it is I am building something akin to a Castle, out over water with a single floor section wide path leading up to a locked garage door. If I could have flipped garage doors upside down I might have tried to use it as a drawbridge. ;) So far it is working out well. I have the first two floors of my "keep" going up and have laid out enough surface area for a few cars to be maneuvered and parked over the water. People might still be able to place charges near my walls but they won't be able to drive non-flying vehicles into it. 

well what i'm doing is i'm currently on top of a fishing boat and its saying i cannot build over water?

Well damn, maybe it does not work then? i was hoping i could stand on a boat and build a base in a random place over the ocean :/

If I could have flipped garage doors upside down I might have tried to use it as a drawbridge. ;)

You can place two garage doors facing each other and when opened you can use them as a bridge to walk over. It's not the prettiest solution, but it works for getting around the not being able to build on roads thing. It might work for a draw bridge if you partially submerge the garage doors.  :ph34r:

Wuuuuuuut, i don't understand. You are obviously able to build over water but how? All it says to me is I'm not able to build over water. Is there a certain limit to how far you can go out into the ocean? Because i was about 2k out in the ocean from skalisty when i tried.