Expand Storage Capacity

spindale

Question

2 answers to this question

Editing the dayz_code/Configs/cfgVehicles.hpp file should do it~
just unpack it, edit it and repack it.. (and give your new version of epoch/any other mod to everyone)

OR

if you want normal epoch players play on your server you'll have to "slipstream" the changes trough the mission file~ that means a "little" bit of work:

- add the reference to the new cfgVehicles.hpp (which will be now in your mission folder!) in your description.ext
- edit the path in compiles.sqf (from inside the dayz_code pbo)
- edit the init.sqf to adjust the new path of your new compiles.sqf file

and then comes the "fun" .. as you'll have to edit every every trigger part for the checks/calls in every place (as far as I know)
I'm not sure if it's enough to reroute only the needed parts of every reference to the new config file~
for the first case, just search everywhere for a part like this: (copied from git-repo object_monitorgear)

_weaponsMax = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeof _object) >> "transportMaxWeapons");
_magazinesMax = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeof _object) >> "transportMaxMagazines");
_backpacksMax = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeof _object) >> "transportMaxBackpacks");

and replace the "configFile >>" statement with "missionconfigFile >>" statement

(the statement "_weaponsmax =" can differ.. it can also be _maxWeapons ..and so on, doesn't mater)

just be sure to edit every trigger for the new config file

be sure to have backup of your files! This "explain" is just theoretical and for educational purposes (and not complete I guess.. I wrote it to give a hint! Google for the rest if I missed sth)

Doesnt seem to be as simple as i was hopeing. It's just a few of use so the first option sounds easier then the last.

Thank you Alot and im sure there where other people wondering if/where/how it could be done as well.

Thanks again , We where looking to change it in the database but couldnt find where the storage was stated.