Corpse Disappearing instantly

raincloud

Question

8 answers to this question

Well something else to note is when these players die, myself included, it tells the rest of the server that the person combat logged, however I can confirm with most this isnt the case. We are simply at the "you are dead" screen. Would this be a server/host bug or epoch bug. Really confused.

Thanks in advance

Edit: My server host is quick to blame "Epoch" solely but I am dubious at best about this answer from them.

Well something else to note is when these players die, myself included, it tells the rest of the server that the person combat logged, however I can confirm with most this isnt the case. We are simply at the "you are dead" screen. Would this be a server/host bug or epoch bug. Really confused.

Thanks in advance

Edit: My server host is quick to blame "Epoch" solely but I am dubious at best about this answer from them.

Tell kids to quit alt-f4'ing and wait for the abort confirmation.

Tell kids to quit alt-f4'ing and wait for the abort confirmation.

I play on Rainclouds server and have been aborting properly, we tested the problem yesterday Raincloud had me die while he was there and no corpse was left, have played with others that died in front of me and instantly no corpse left.

I can easily say i have only retrived my corpse like once out of 10 times, and lots of these deaths have been in lower populatuion areas so slim chance of ppl hiding corpses plus we play a Pve server so ppl shouldn't be doing this anyway.

I have died other times and respawned as a fresh spawn on the coast and been told that my previous state is stll alive in the DB maybe this is causing proplems with corpses?

Also the last couple of deaths i have been auto aborted to the Disconnect button/ lobby for some reason.

so far so good, it seems a mod called Dayz of Glory by Sporkulus was stuffing up Epoch. Since uninstalling it no corpses have disappeared. Also the mod was stuffing up modular building, when you tried to place something, using page up, page down and space would have no effect, would literally do nothing. Also was causing some players to lag badly but not everybody.