Tepee Guide (v1) | by DMstratz

DMstratz

As Combo locks are not currently in the game i would avoid building a base due to people easily being able to access it and take gear.

==============================================================================

: Tipi Guide : V3

To Craft Tipi Kit:

Lumber Packs (x2)

Scrap Pelt (x4)

1814467125.pngil_170x135.635428471_9ys8.jpg

-------------------------

Note: These items can be found naturally or purchased from a trader.

(Scrap Pelts-2 Krypto) (Lumber Pack- 3 Krypto) Total Cost - 14 Krypto.

Note: Only Official Servers will save your gear after restart.

found here - http://www.epochmod.com/servers.php

Finding Naturally:

Lumber Packs - Lumber packs can be acquired by chopping down trees. 

To do this you will need to find a hatchet, these can be found in Rubbish Piles & Dustbins

They are considered to be pretty rare so if you see one at a trader then buy it!.

Once you have your hatchet equip it in the secondary weapon slot. Walk up to a tree and 

Left Click to strike the tree, this will place a wooden log on the ground. Each tree drops 4 logs.

To craft the Lumber packs required you will need 4 logs only. (1 tree)

dyau1.jpg

Scrap Pelts - With the current bugged animals you can no longer collect scrap pelts from sheep/goats but don't worry you CAN still get them. With their cheap price in the shop like

the hatchet it will save you a lot of time trying to find them. buy any you can. But if you cant

find a trader to buy one of you can get them from sappers!. Sappers are the brown armless 

creatures that will run at you and explode if they get to close. Kill these and they sometimes 

drop Scrap pelts. They spawn in nearby when a player is killed. Listen for their groans.

116p5i0.png

Crafting The Tepee Kit:

Once you have your 4 Logs and 4 Scrap pelts you can craft the Tipi kit.

1. Double Click the Logs. Find "Lumber Packs" on the menu, change quantity to 2. and Craft.

2. Double Click the Lumber Packs and find "Tipi Kit" on the menu, click and Craft.

3. Thats it you have a Tipi kit ready to place. keep it in your inventory until you're ready.

Tipi-45.jpg

Finding a Suitable Location:

NOTE: There are many different areas where you could place your tipi but i will go through some of

my preferences on placement in a secure and enclosed area.

Secluded: This is an obvious one but i will go over it. the more secluded and further away from

any other players the better. this is going to be for storing your hard-earned gear you don't want

it being stolen as soon as you place any items in it. There is more advantages to isolated bases 

if you have a car as you can quickly go back and forth rather than having to run a very long distance to get back to your stash.

34yv9sg.jpg

Use your map to find any areas that aren't near major towns. or near traders as these will frequently be visit to by other players. Good areas include:

- Northern Coast of Altis

- North Western Corner (north of Kavala)

- Southern Island (past Melanera bay)

- Atsalis (if you have a boat)

Buildings: Buildings offer a lot of benefits for stashing your gear, they are basically a free set

of cover from all sides so that you don't get taken out. not that you should be anywhere where

that could happen but that's irrelevant. Secluded buildings in the middle of no-where are very

unlikely to be checked by players so placing your Tipi in one of these "middle-of-no-where" 

buildings has the potential to work quite well. i.e Old Farmhouses. Small Homes etc..

qqpl4n.jpg

Reeds: Reeds are pretty much perfect when it comes to hiding your Tipis, with no collision 

detection and almost 100% thickness it is almost impossible to see Tipis from the outside, most

of these Reed patches have an inside area totally enclosed by the reeds making your virtually 

invisible to ground units. Finding a secluded spot with reeds will make your base basically undetectable. Unlike the building the only issues are with choppers flying over being able to see down into the reeds so when placing a tipi here make sure to get a considerable amount of the Tipi pushed into the reeds so it doesn't get sighted easily from the air. but there's a very low chance

of that situation occurring.

29vgbnt.jpg

Guide by DMstratz: Anything you think i've missed or would like to add and ill include it. thanks

==============================================================================

Changes:

V2- Pictures added to the sections / Links added for official server list.

V3- Corrected some spelling mistakes. Updated Sapper spawning info.

Is saving working correctly for teepees now, the only one I built disappeared after a reset and I'm reluctant to try again till it's fixed.

For Tipis to work correctly you must connect to an offical server. 

http://www.epochmod.com/servers.php  <------ Found Here.

Any servers apart from the ones on this page are un-official and will delete the tipi iteself or the items in it on restart.

All of these will work perfectly normal and save everything.

Nice guide, well put together.

I've also noticed, if you find a lockbox ... you can place it in a discreet location and access it. It appears that only you can unlock it, but i'm not sure if someone else can 'pack' it.

But they're pretty hard to see if you're running past rocks and grass that it's hidden in.

Nice guide, well put together.

I've also noticed, if you find a lockbox ... you can place it in a discreet location and access it. It appears that only you can unlock it, but i'm not sure if someone else can 'pack' it.

But they're pretty hard to see if you're running past rocks and grass that it's hidden in.

ive yet to see/hear that there is lockboxes in the current people of epoch. i may be wrong though?

For Tipis to work correctly you must connect to an offical server. 

http://www.epochmod.com/servers.php  <------ Found Here.

Any servers apart from the ones on this page are un-official and will delete the tipi iteself or the items in it on restart.

All of these will work perfectly normal and save everything.

It was definitely an official server, it was the middle of September when there were only official servers out there, just wasn't sure if teepees were saving correctly now. Lockboxes are in but there are threads saying that there are issues with them, can't remember off the top of my head what the issues are though.

It was definitely an official server, it was the middle of September when there were only official servers out there, just wasn't sure if teepees were saving correctly now. Lockboxes are in but there are threads saying that there are issues with them, can't remember off the top of my head what the issues are though.

Well ive had 3/4 in the past week and have never had any problems losing any loot (only when robbed) so you should be fine to create/maintain them now.

• 3 weeks later...