How about Increasing the loot spawn rate?

conan

I spent about a hour going to every house in a entire city to find only 5 houses with loot. Most of it was food. It would be really nice to have faster progression in this game, instead of having to spend 5 hours a day to find 1 cinder block and 1 scrap metal.

So the only way to get good loot in this game is to play in a big squad? That sucks. I don't got a mic and not many people want to group up with a guy with no mic, let alone the mentality of shoot on sight makes it very hard to find a squad to play with. None of my friends play epoch either. But I guess it's not impossible, ill have to try to find one. Thanks for the info.

Where is the problem to buy a microphone as a online gamer? DUDE!

either way: there are so many static loot places like trash pile, other trash piles or containers or even more trash piles or bags, canisters, boxes, and while you looting these things you'll recognise that slowly loot will begin to spawn in the houses near around you.

Take your time when approaching a town or loot spots. Also if you run with a group loot gets more frequent because of the extra players. Loot spawn does not need turned up. A group of four of us were looting a town on the west side. When I walked into a house there was six loot spawn in one house. So no need to turn it up. 

need to turn it up for people who are lone wolfs instead of groups. groups don't need higher spawn rates like that because they can check more ground faster then a single person can. It's backwards.

Thanks for the tip about approaching towns slowly though, did not think about that. Also about buying a mic, I had one just last week but it broke, planing on buying a new one in a month or so.

I spent about a hour going to every house in a entire city to find only 5 houses with loot. Most of it was food. It would be really nice to have faster progression in this game, instead of having to spend 5 hours a day to find 1 cinder block and 1 scrap metal.

Yeah bud just like someone else said - You need to find some buddies to play with, for one it's so much more fun and secondly the spawn rate does increase in those areas you are in.

i couldnt find any cars anywhere in all the time i played then i bought the karts dlc and bang 3 cars in 5 mins lol

LOLZ!   :lol:

need to turn it up for people who are lone wolfs instead of groups. groups don't need higher spawn rates like that because they can check more ground faster then a single person can. It's backwards.

Thanks for the tip about approaching towns slowly though, did not think about that. Also about buying a mic, I had one just last week but it broke, planing on buying a new one in a month or so.

It doesn't work that way. If you turn it up for lone wolves it would turn up the groups as well. The are not that bad honestly. Move away from the spawn points. Take your time approaching the houses and such. The loot doesn't work like DayZ or DayZ Epoch. 

Would agree that it should be more of some loot and less with other.. Right know you find 10+ .50´s on 1 small scrap metal, why is the end game weapons so common? Find .50´s and .408´s in every town and at the same time they nerf the Vannad to the point that its almost safer to drive in a Pickup.

I think personally that loot should be organized in categories, regardless of their type (military, medical, etc.) and that the category should be related to their strengths and actual usability in the game. For example revive should be rare or even unique, whereas first aid kits should be uncommon (not common, based on the fact that "getting health" in a scenario where health is the most important factor makes it highly saught after). I also believe that thirst and hunger should play a bigger part in the game than it currently is. Finding food is too easy, it is and ought to be one of the uncommon items that people scavenge for.

Categories for loot:

Unique loot

Rare loot

Uncommon loot

Common loot

Trash

Personally I think that items used in crafting and building, while useful, aren't as immediately important as food, health, drink, weaponry-items, and I think such items should be uncommon at worst. Finding rudimentary things to build with and craft with should definitely be more common, particularly in the countryside where hatchets, wood, and craftable materials most likely would be very commonplace. It also goes in line with one of Epoch's unique strengths: basebuilding. With that said, I think the feature that *I* want to see more development, diversity and optimization in is in that very regard. How can we have more building materials and still churn out acceptable performance? 

Make building a base more attractive, add more building materials to the crate spawns and missions, and litter the "building development"-sites with stuff like scrap metal, and craftable materials. That way we start finding more unique landscapes and diversity in Epoch, and people have a time and fun-sink other than shooting other people in the head.

I have spent quite some thought on how to make the "base-raiding" vs. "griefplay/destroying progress" balanced, if anyone is interested I'd gladly post some thoughts on that as well.

I think personally that loot should be organized in categories, regardless of their type (military, medical, etc.) and that the category should be related to their strengths and actual usability in the game. For example revive should be rare or even unique, whereas first aid kits should be uncommon (not common, based on the fact that "getting health" in a scenario where health is the most important factor makes it highly saught after). I also believe that thirst and hunger should play a bigger part in the game than it currently is. Finding food is too easy, it is and ought to be one of the uncommon items that people scavenge for.

Categories for loot:

Unique loot

Rare loot

Uncommon loot

Common loot

Trash

Personally I think that items used in crafting and building, while useful, aren't as immediately important as food, health, drink, weaponry-items, and I think such items should be uncommon at worst. Finding rudimentary things to build with and craft with should definitely be more common, particularly in the countryside where hatchets, wood, and craftable materials most likely would be very commonplace. It also goes in line with one of Epoch's unique strengths: basebuilding. With that said, I think the feature that *I* want to see more development, diversity and optimization in is in that very regard. How can we have more building materials and still churn out acceptable performance? 

Make building a base more attractive, add more building materials to the crate spawns and missions, and litter the "building development"-sites with stuff like scrap metal, and craftable materials. That way we start finding more unique landscapes and diversity in Epoch, and people have a time and fun-sink other than shooting other people in the head.

I have spent quite some thought on how to make the "base-raiding" vs. "griefplay/destroying progress" balanced, if anyone is interested I'd gladly post some thoughts on that as well.

Please go on...

loot is a touchy subject , for some its too low and others its too much. what I find is that weapons like zafir , mx sw and the .50 rifles are a bit too common. ive seriously found 3 zafirs in one loot run on a town and felt like the epoch gods were just shining down.

food and water is a bit hit and miss for me , I do find enough to get me and the guys by and agree it could possibly be lower and have more of an impact in game (the scavenge).

building materials ... now this is one I find puzzling , why cant  you throw up a couple of wooden walls while you search for the ever elusive scrap metal.

now onto approach and loot spawns , this has me frustrated sometimes as I search around and goto a tower (nothing there) , my bud arrives a few minutes later and finds a treasure trove of weapons. its the loot spawn mechanics im a bit frustrated with , looting shouldn't be a case of take it slow (there are big guys with shiny weapons that love slow moving targets). id much prefer if it spawned a bit quicker on approach rather than not knowing if anything will ever spawn.

just a few quick brainfarts on my end , don't hate :)

I agree for testing you should increase the loot, broken leg and having to kill yourself because you cant heal or get enough food/supplies etc is only gonna slow down bug reporting, not to mention testing other unique items that not everyone has come accross, increase now help testing then when you release the game official have whatever you want setting !!

I feel like....... Decrease certain tier loot. When i insta-find a 50.cal and the GG 1smak is real, i feel like time to make some changes... so I disagree with homeboy. Decrease not increase.... More like Balance not increase.. But yall catch my drift. SICK OF EZ MODE MODS TO PANDER TO THE BADZ IN ARMA III SERIES!!!!