Health System Tweaks Needed!

Njoi

Just a couple tweaks I think would help players a lot.  Right now there are two ways of healing a player, one is the heal player + multigun and the other is a first aid kit. First aid kits can only heal to .25 damage.  You still get significant weapon sway with .25 damage, and for solo players there is no way to heal yourself to full health (0.0 damage).

I suggest two things;

1. Very slow health regeneration (if optimal food/drink/temp/stamina conditions are met)

2. Ability to use first aid kit to heal yourself to full health. (Optional - less critical)

Right now the only solution for a solo player to heal one's self to full health is by killing yourself and running back to your body (which is becoming a regular practice since gun fights are near impossible while damaged.

I'm sure these ideas can be fine tuned, but slow health regeneration is a must I feel.

Thoughts?

Cooked meat like chicken, fish, goat, lamb, etc. could give you back some health like in Arma 2. This could be used to bring you back to 0 if you like to play solo.

I also think the fall damage is too high at the moment you fall from 5 meters and die randomly in stairs or on rocks.

Well, falling from 5 metres height on a rock will obviously kill you! Did u ever jump from 5 metres height IRL??

I agree with the health. A very slow regeneration or some diferent way to regain the remaining .25 hp would be nice.

Personally I don't think that the weapon sway is a problem, even with 0.25 damage, why? Because it adds to the realism and makes sense, you've been bitten by a dog or shot, or been in a car accident, and expect to hold a gun steady while standing up?

You still can prevent it slightly by right-clicking.

I do not think that med kits should insta heal you to 100% because then what would be the point of the multi gun.  And as I stated just a moment ago on another very similar thread I actually like the mechanics and the difficulty in finding the components for the multi gun.  On the other hand I do agree that a method does need to exist that will allow a solo player to heal him/herself from .25 dmg to full but it shouldn't be as easy as just finding one piece.  I would assume as Shadow Moses did that the meat option is most likely in the works so hopefully we see that in the future.

Didn't see any changes to the health system in the 0.2 patch notes.

Solo players need a way to heal themselves to full health, especially considering the gun sway you receive with 0.25 damage.  I'm bumping this topic because I feel that it's a major oversight and deserves more attention from the devs.

Edited: to convey message more effectively.

I hope they simplify it with visual icons of some sorts.

I like the extra in-depth statistics but I do prefer to have them visually static on the screen.

We don't need some of those stats but some we do.

I'm confident they will do something with it down the road. It's not a big priority atm I suspect.

More of an Arma3 observation:

Sort of wonder why they went with a "catch-all" med kit in the newer version of the main game.

The predecessor app had separate items.. blood bag, epi, morphine, bandages

So now if you just need to bandage you are consuming a whole med kit.  One would think a "Kit" would contain X number of individual items.

Funny how with medical items the newer game regressed

Medkit now heals you fully, problem solved.

They are rare as fook now that AI dont drop them anymore, but yes, this is a good change.

Personally, i agree with removing them from the AI, however, not all 3, make just one of the 3 guys drop one, thats a decent trade off for killing them.

They are rare as fook now that AI dont drop them anymore, but yes, this is a good change.

Personally, i agree with removing them from the AI, however, not all 3, make just one of the 3 guys drop one, thats a decent trade off for killing them.

Don't think it's rare, i found 3 of them in 15 minutes just looting buildings, so as for our experience - it's quite common now.