Building on roads/military areas

Zombiemeatspin

I've started to notice more and more buildings on roads and in military areas that are trying to roadblock or block these areas for others to have access to them.

For instance, someone put a huge roadblock on the curve close to the terminal on the highway and if you go full speed over there and don't know it's there once you hit the curve you are pretty much f***ed up.

In another instance, someone glitched a radio beacon inside a military tower and put walls all around the military compound. Someone else added a few walls to pyrghos military base with a beacon closeby inside the base and the base is pretty much inaccessible unless you got c4 charges and destroy the sandbags/concrete walls.

your talking about the green walls right? yeah i know the struggle with people building like that!

side note shooting the walls with a rifle sometimes knocks them over (arma not epoch issue, players death nex to to them does the same and very easy to knock over with cars!)

i personaly feel you should be able to build where ever you like!! but once you place your beacon/plot pole thing is should eliminate all the loot from maybe 50-100 meters or somethign to stop people just building in areas of high value loot spawns

I hope so it's going to be enforced for at least military high value. After playing on some of the best arma 2 epoch servers it was almost always a rule to not build on roads/high value buildings.

There is already a bunch of types of mines no need for roadblocks that are pretty much useless and eat up the world limit for basebuilders.

i would say everything should be destructible...  simply for the fact of being realistic.. but in my opinion bombs should not be ready made you should be able to craft them with wire and a grenade for a tripwire. two cellphones and some C$ with devtcord and blasting caps ect.. and have a chance to blow up on crafting

• 2 weeks later...

i would say everything should be destructible...  simply for the fact of being realistic.. but in my opinion bombs should not be ready made you should be able to craft them with wire and a grenade for a tripwire. two cellphones and some C$ with devtcord and blasting caps ect.. and have a chance to blow up on crafting

I kinda like the idea of bombs/ied's have to be crafted instead of being lootable ready to use.

Yeah the idea of being able to "upgrade" and existing building to make it home would be great. Then you don't have to start from scratch to have a home. 

Also the building at trade zones and stuff needs a way to shut it off. Like we have in A2. I assume that will be added soon since it was part of the game in A2. 

2 days ago we fought the captured military base above the capital city on skaronator.com

Of course it was fun to snipe them out. Of course it was not such great fun to get shot by them XD

I bought C4 and satchel charges to blow a hole in their walls. First C4 didnt harm it at all. Second one i wasnt able to place cause i got shot and the fight seemed to be won by the enemies.

So in fact as long as u can blow some holes in it, it is not invincible. BUT:

The strategic place, the traders spawning in their base, the amount of ppl they kill and gather their money and loot, the fact that high value loot is spawning in their base and can be stored immediately makes it a bit overpowered i guess.

Maybe it is possible to ingame-prohibit certain areas on the map for building.