Torndeco Mission System - DZAI AI

Torndeco

Fixed the issue, I think..

You said "Copy mission/debug -> your mission files" , which I interpreted literally as move the mission folder along with the contents (debug folder) to your mission pbo folder, instead of "copy the debug folder to your mission pbo folder".   :unsure: 

Firstly, cheers for this. Though, I'm not sure this is working.. I've been the only person logged into my server for the last hour and so far I've not seen your missions mentioned anywhere on my screen, I've checked the map several times for map markers but nothing.. I do see this in my rpt file:

9:16:04 "DEBUG: Mission Code: Start......."
 9:16:04 "DEBUG: Mission Code: AI Vehicle Pool: any"
 9:16:04 "DEBUG: Mission Code: Waiting...."

So I'm wondering, does this mean the mission is simply waiting for a random amount of time to execute, or does it mean the mission is running and its waiting to time out ? I'm a little confused , sorry :(

Also, what happens with players who log in after the event has started. Do they get a reminder, is the marker refreshed on the map?

Does the mission time out after a set time? 

Cheers :)

the maximun amount of time is 1000 seconds after the game has strarted, i thing your problem is in fps, change the fps limit to 0 and try again "if ((!_isNear) && (diag_fps >= 20))"

This script is brilliant, works better than my custom epoch event mashup ;)

One issue though, I've noticed that the AI don't guard the ammo boxes, in fact they head off by at least 50 meters in either direction leaving survivors free to sneak up on the crates and empty them without having to fight the AI . Kind of defeats the object.  Anyway I can keep the AI beside the ammo crates at least until the bullets start flying ? 

Loving it otherwise though, thanks :)

I also get these errors in my report file everytime your script stops or starts:

4:02:45 "DEBUG: Mission Code: Mission Ended"
4:02:45 "DEBUG: Mission Code: Waiting...."
4:02:45 WARNING: Function 'name' - Sarge is dead
4:02:45 WARNING: Function 'name' - Rincewind is dead
4:03:52 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,15,3]"
4:05:13 SetFace error: class CfgFaces.OharaHead.Face85 not found
4:05:13 Error: Error during SetFace - class CfgFaces.OharaHead.Face85 not found

Can you guys give me a little insight on how you got it to work? I've been working on this for some time, and still no luck. haward, you said that you took the files out for the debug and just placed into the mission pbo folder. I did that, and I think I have the server side files in correct? I put the dayz_server mission folder into the server pbo folder. Am I on the right track there? I know I'm a noob, but I'm trying lol.

Removed this and put back my own mashup of mission files using the Epoch scheduler instead. Players were complaining about the AI's not giving a toss about protecting the loot (and even AI's spawning in right behind them) , then complaints about other players stealing the loot while "the original player who got their first" fights the AI's 60 meters away.. Setting the AI's to patrol and Ambush isn't a good setting for AI's guarding loot , maybe set them to Fortify and reduce the waypoint radius ?

There is a config file where u can put in your own ai settings i.e

U can make up a mission file and have it pick at random from an array what to set the AI todo...

i.e

mission_cherno_hospital = [_sar_pos, _loot_pos, 1, 4, ["ambush", "patrol"], _loot_boxes, _loot_types, _text_start, _text_done, _text_failed];

AI will be random set to either ambush or patrol..

U can also add in your own extra static mission positions etc

The whole reason i shared this was in the hope people would customize & share there missions.sqf file

Okay, so I got everything working... Yay noobie power :) as Hayward stated the AI are nowhere near the loot boxes, and it makes it too easy for the players to walk up and take the items without a fight. I tried using "fortify", but they are still up to 200 meters away. I am going to try "nomove" next to see if it's any better.

I think that you are in the wrong thread, this is a mission thread. You may want to find others using SS AH and ask that in their thread. I would like to help but I am using Blur AH. My first guess would be to look at your battle eye, that is more than likely seeing the AI spawn and thinking its a hack.

New rewrite on github + updated first post...

Missions locations are now generated dynamic same code as Epoch uses for spawning vehicles..

Missions are located near buildings + roads.

Mission Vehicles are saved to the database.

Still need to add code to blow up vehicles if player doesn't get near them etc...

Mission Vehicles are saved to the database.

Still need to add code to blow up vehicles if player doesn't get near them etc...

Does this take into account the vehicle limit that players set in the epoch configs? I've set my server to maximum of 300 vehicles, your script as it stands could actually prevent new vehicles spawning in the wild, maybe ? Eventually the server would be full of just the vehicles spawned in your scripts :p Just asking :)

New Update

---------

Mission vehicles Spawned are saved to hive via mission, will now blowup if player doesn't get within 40 metres of them.

Mission Notices are now via -- Debug Monitor

Have examples of Debug Montior code alter / change to suit your server.

Also increase Map Marker Size

Fixed an issue with spawning second group of ai soldiers.

Readded checking for players nearby before spawning a mission.

Thank you for this mission system. I managed to have the first version working well, but I didn't managed to have the last version working.

I added the call in init.sqf, tried to modify compile.sqf, replaced the two value with the extras/debug_monitor/debug_monitor.sqf, no errors in RPT, no logs about mission system and no more debug monitor in the game.

Can you please provide a sample of the files you modify to have it working (init.sqf, compile.sqf) or a more step by step install instructions please.

I've had this on my server for 2-3 days and i assumed it was broken, i never see any mission pop up on debug and it doesn't show any markers on the map, but taking a look at my RPT log the missions are actually spawning,  i must just have not seen the missions or mistaken them for normal Sarge AI patrols

Any reason why i cant see the missions pop up on debug / markers on map? i followed the instructions, i have Sarge ai with heli patrols taken out and animated helicrash script in its place. I also have my own debug, but even before i had my debug monitor nothing ever popped up for any missions.