Torndeco Mission System - DZAI AI

Torndeco

Hello,

First off I want to say thank you for making this, it's working awesomely! I am trying to disable the debug due to it conflicting with my Blurgaming debug monitor.

I was following your steps and changed the the following;

mission_warning_debug = false;

However I do not have

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\debug_monitor\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

in my mpmission\init.sqf

And because of this the debug menu still appears, flickering between blur's and yours. Any suggestions?

And this is my init.sqf to show that it's not there. http://pastebin.com/qz3cim61

Hello,

First off I want to say thank you for making this, it's working awesomely! I am trying to disable the debug due to it conflicting with my Blurgaming debug monitor.

I was following your steps and changed the the following;

mission_warning_debug = false;

However I do not have

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\debug_monitor\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

in my mpmission\init.sqf

And because of this the debug menu still appears, flickering between blur's and yours. Any suggestions?

And this is my init.sqf to show that it's not there. http://pastebin.com/qz3cim61

Kraz

You would only have that line in your init file if you had put it there as part of the instructions further up.

The problem you are having with Blur isn't with this mission pack.  

Its literally only 2 different missions atm..

My plans were to

Using a different AI system for an AI that snuck up & punched players.

Spawning crates in certain building types & have ai defend the building. (Really i just need to make up building positions for the crates).

Sandbangs + gun inplacements for the missions that spawn in the open areas

But with the Standalone my server pop has taken ahit..

Pretty much all the regulars i got feedback are gone mia, so not sure if i will get around to adding the above.

-----

Atm i am just working on adding random chance of a trigger @ mission  to call the patroling DZAI heli.

My plans were to

Spawning crates in certain building types & have ai defend the building. (Really i just need to make up building positions for the crates).

Pretty much all the regulars i got feedback are gone mia, so not sure if i will get around to adding the above.

-----

Atm i am just working on adding random chance of a trigger @ mission  to call the patroling DZAI heli.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I am trying to find a good AI system to go with DZAI. I've used the Chernarus MIssion System from opendayz.net and there seemed to be some issues, but mainly that it's designed for regular Dayz with nothing specific for Epoch, so then I switched to Wicked AI, which is nice because it's designed for Epoch, but there are issues with that, such as AI wandering off from the mission and the missions basically being based around capturing a vehicle. Then, I found this one. Integrated with DZAI and I thought it looks good. I hope you'll consider continuing it. The only one left is the "Epoch Mission System" but that's reliant on having Sarge AI installed and I prefer DZAI. I've just installed it on my server for my players to try out and provide feedback on.

My plans were to

-----

If you need help with the testing just send me a PM

Kraz

You would only have that line in your init file if you had put it there as part of the instructions further up.

The problem you are having with Blur isn't with this mission pack.  

There isn't a problem with Blur either for when I take this mission pack off the debug monitor displays quite happily. When I add this missions into the server and even added the line to see if that would help stop the flickering, it still flickers.

It will display the Blur debug and then your custom debug will flicker on top of it only to flicker back. So it constantly switches between them both causing a flickering effect.

So even when I set the custom debug monitor to false and remove the line, the debug menu still flickers. Is it possible that Dzai has a debug monitor that I have to manually disable?

EDIT:

I cleared the coding inside dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf, debug_monitor.sqf, debug_monitor_study_body.sqf and that resolved the flickering debug monitor. But it no longer displays the white text in the middle of the screen of telling players that the missions have spawned in.

Hey Torndeco,

I've updated to 1.9.1 and getting some RPT errors, it's also causing desync and red chains.

My errors are :

private "_ret";

if(count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = count _th>
16:56:13  Error position: <count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = count _th>
16:56:13  Error count: Type Bool, expected Array,Config entry
16:56:13 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\compile\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 16
16:56:15 "Purging player: 44258080# 775564: man_survivor.p3d"
16:56:16 Error in expression <m.sqf";

and also

private "_ret";

if(count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = count _th>
16:56:16   Error position: <count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = count _th>
16:56:16   Error count: Type Bool, expected Array,Config entry
16:56:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\compile\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 16
16:56:18 Server: Object 119:7 not found (message 89)
16:56:22 Error in expression <m.sqf";

Is it because i'm using 1.9.1 ?

Butface has replied and said the error is with the mission script, I'm getting dizzy going back n forth :lol:

His reply :

The root cause of this problem is related to something that is calling the select random function. Its likely something wrong with the mission part.

Try use DZAI without the mission code.

That way u can see if error is happening with or without the code...

The error output is very generic and is a  pain to backtrace to what caused it.

More than likely u made a mistake when u updated the DZAI.

Eitherway no way for me to debug it

But code is working fine on my server with no issues + u are the literally the only person encountering it

I only installed DZAI for your mission script, It was working fine with 1.9.0 though, I had my PBO backed up from before i installed it and simply reverted back.

Apart from removing the debug it's done exactly as instructed.

I have no need for DZAI, I just wanted your missions

Try use DZAI without the mission code.

That way u can see if error is happening with or without the code...

The error output is very generic and is a  pain to backtrace to what caused it.

More than likely u made a mistake when u updated the DZAI.

Eitherway no way for me to debug it

But code is working fine on my server with no issues + u are the literally the only person encountering it

I notice on opendayz that i'm not the only one encountering it, you have it also on your server :p

Is you last update on Github a fix for this problem ? and Merry Christmas :)

No idea i haven't debugged it.

Also i only seen it once in my logs and that was after server was running 2+ hours.

Its a failry common function in DZAI code that is prob used in around 10+ different spots in the code.

So like i already said its a pain to debug i.e

U would need to add that custom debug code to a live server in attempt to debug it.

With no idea whats triggerring it (i.e i have only seen the error once in my server log, and it was after 2 hours of running)

Regardless there is a fix on github & u should update.