Location Markers Please?

DominicFGaming

I think there are workshop missions that will help you orient yourself in Arma 3. Or just do what lethal said. When you zoom in really close you will see each square is 500m, zoom out a little further those are 1k, zoom out even more and you get 10k, zoom out all the way I think those or 20k. Could also google or youtube an Arma 3 Land Navigation course. I would give you one, but alas i'm no longer in the serving and have no want lol.

I once got a good tip from a guy on how to find your location with only a map.

Open map and place a waypoint (left shift+left mouse button) up north at the edge of the map by zooming out all the way. Face the waypoint. You can see the distance. Start to place waypoints toward the south and move the waypoint east or west depending if you see it in your right or left whenyou exit the map screen. When it's close to you thenyou know where you are un the map.

Easier to do than to explain :)

In addition to the waypoint method, you can currently open your map and click the circle in the top right to zoom on your current location.

Lol yeah I forgot that arma 3 perk...

But it's not very precise so to establish the exact position you still have to use the waypoint.

Tho it's easier because you know more or less where to place the waypoint.

Is not hard to find where you are with the map and way point. Group system is in early days so expect plenty of tweaking, always based on feedback.. and where we feel the mod should be going.

Some things are never likely to be added, especially if they reduce from the underlying aim of the mod.. survival.