what happened to the GTX 3 server?

mikefranco805

The TX03 server isn't legit, but I have played on it and most things work good and I haven't seen admin abuse. It is good(from what I have seen so far) for players who do not have the password for the official servers.

while these unlegit servers are no good for feed back or bug reports (due to potential unknown edits done via the server owners ) it bothers me that other testers/players are respond with things like "sigh.....wasnt a legit server so no cares about it, or its problems" i think we should be offering what info we have to help these testers , not just being like brah it's  not legit aint our problem .

for example if skaranator (legit server) went down a large amount of people would be on here asking what happened and if the server would be available for testing again , yet the second it's a nonlegit server  there is no useful feed back (like posting the link to the official server list) just people increasing there post count.

that all said if there whining well imo that's fair game to give them shit.

Server is up again. Not sure how to check if it's legitimate or not, but was playing on it all morning. Plays fine.

here you go man this is the official server list you'll need to contact some of the server owners for there password most are pretty chill and hand it straight over http://epochmod.com/servers.php

while these unlegit servers are no good for feed back or bug reports (due to potential unknown edits done via the server owners ) it bothers me that other testers/players are respond with things like "sigh.....wasnt a legit server so no cares about it, or its problems" i think we should be offering what info we have to help these testers , not just being like brah it's  not legit aint our problem .

for example if skaranator (legit server) went down a large amount of people would be on here asking what happened and if the server would be available for testing again , yet the second it's a nonlegit server  there is no useful feed back (like posting the link to the official server list) just people increasing there post count.

that all said if there whining well imo that's fair game to give them shit.

here you go man this is the official server list you'll need to contact some of the server owners for there password most are pretty chill and hand it straight over http://epochmod.com/servers.php

Oh, weird. I've been playing non-legit servers the whole time. Been having a blast, hahaha.

So, what is considered legitimate as opposed to non-legitimate?

Is there any gameplay difference?

Un-Official servers have had the files hacked from legitimate servers, then they're pieced together however they can get them working, often with major parts of the mod not functioning correctly.

Playing on un-official servers is like buying counterfeit goods and as such you are supporting the illegitimate way that these servers came into being, you also won't get the experience that the devs want you to have.