Cloaking Device Uniform

FFDP

honestly and this is just my opinion that while being a very cool feature it shouldn't be part of the game. it will make fights a bit ridiculous with regards to being ganked from behind by invisible players , if I lock down an area with my team and then find players uncloaking like Klingon warships I don't think id be at all impressed. it can be hard enough trying to spot ambushes but with star trek cloaking devices it will just get crazy to the point that everyone and there grandma will be wearing them (much like ghillies just now).

it will make the firefights turn into fire and cloak engagements , similar to what was said these devices should be for games like crisis , not epoch.

as I said though its very cool but feel it would be very difficult to balance right and would be a snipers dream , fire off a round , cloak and move. rinse repeat till you've wiped an entire server.

Yeah don´t feel it belong here either, especially not 30 secs as someone mentioned thats extremely long time to be "invisible".

I´m against the revival function even but can live with that one but this feels like it could be a gamebreaker.

I had someone use this against me the other day. My initial thoughts was ' HACKER ' purely because of the way they magically appeared after they had killed me.

Do i think this is something that will benefit A3 Epoch in its early stages? No i dont....

I'll take a crack at question two:

"Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society"

That is all.

Edit: After reading the description again I realized it could be interpreted as if the world was a thriving technologicaly advanced society until a recent catastrophe. I originally assumed there was 25+ years of zombie apocalypse before epoch and that technology hasn't really advanced since real life present day.

i'm not sure iwould like the cloaking device in Epoch either but just to rebut your valid point. Present day in Arma 3 is 2035 so it's possible a cloaking device would exist when the apocalypse started.

More relative / plausible than some of the antagonists imo.

Honestly I think that kind of cloaking seen in the video makes you even more visible. Who wouldn't notice that kind of wobble. Maybe it would be nice if there we're Stalker like mosquito mangle gravity pits, that move and look exactly like that wobble, but uniquely that beats the purpose I think

No. simply no.  Arma is a military based sandbox game. if your gona add a body based cloaking device , your just gona have people demanding klingons and borg and tribbles. no body wants tribbles. 

Have you seen the Construct or the Sappers? We are not playing Arma the military sim here, we're playing a modification of it called Epoch. Just think about what you're saying. lol hell it's not even a body based cloak, it's a uniform based cloak. Meaning you have to wear that uniform to use it. It only lasts for the set time, and has a much longer recharge time(if the server sets it). Not only that, but while you're cloaked, there's a heat refract effect surrounding you, which is quite visible if someone sees it. Not to mention, you can still take damage if someone shoots you or any explosions go off. 

This isn't meant to be something you activate and run around invisible all the time with. This is for those oh shit moments when you need to get the fuck out of a bad situation. Or when you need to sneak into an area unseen in the day time, and you only have a short window to get past any watchful eyes. 

None the less, I'm not asking the Epoch devs to add this to their mod. I posted it so if any server hosts wish to add this to their servers, they have it to use. I'm putting this script on my server when the mod goes into Beta and the server files get released. My server is even going to have EMP grenades, and most likely have EMP devices that can be built, placed down, and activated. 

it's coming to be a reality in the very near future whether you like it or not. It's not impossible at all. Just a matter of bending light around an object so the light doesnt reflect back to your eyes.