Players Gear disappears after Server restart

RedWolf

Hi Chaps

Lately some players on our server have been losing their gear after a server restart and it has happened to me once. I’ve checked though the server logs and can’t see any errors talking to the database. We are running on the latest version of Dayz Epoch. Anybody else having this problem…

Cheers

Problem is, when players see you gifting players for lost gear they get ideas and cry about lost gear also, when the reality is it's BS. Caught  a few player stashing their gear after crying that.

You sir are right.

But we have those issues lately too. Its not happening everyday, or after every restart but its present. We had to rewrite our serverrestart warning messages for players to tell them to log out in time. I think its only happening when they log out way to late (lets say about 10 seconds before the actual arma2oaserver.exe process gets killed by BEC).

Is there a solution for this? Maybe make BEC kick all players 20 seconds before the process gets killed so the database can catch up with the saving of the characters? I dont know. Some players tend to play even when they know the server is going to restart any second and its frustrating. Some of them are in "combat", others are to lazy to log out.

• 2 weeks later...

i have witnessed this missing gear after restart problem multiple times.  i have been able to tie it directly to being in game on the server at the restart.

Simply let each client know that they are putting their own gear at risk by being in game at the time of restart.  The responsibility is theirs. 

i have not found a single instance where someone suffered from this under any other circumstance then being in game at the restart.