Which Server Host to Pick?

Mastodon

Non have 1 click install mods, you have to add scripts yourself

FastPoint Gaming has 1 click installs. Though they aren't open for business yet. Expect them to open this week.

I've had a look around their services and had a trail server with them. 

Very good servers, haven't had any issues with them at all. I for one will be switching to them when they go live.

Currently they have 3-4 1 click install scripts but I spoke with the main developer there and he is going to be regularly adding the newest scripts as 1 clicks.

FastPoint Gaming has 1 click installs. Though they aren't open for business yet. Expect them to open this week.

I've had a look around their services and had a trail server with them. 

Very good servers, haven't had any issues with them at all. I for one will be switching to them when they go live.

Currently they have 3-4 1 click install scripts but I spoke with the main developer there and he is going to be regularly adding the newest scripts as 1 clicks.

thanks thats good to hear

thanks thats good to hear

Yeah they look set to be a really market competitor.

Rumor has it is they are striking a deal with infi also to include his anti hack for free with their servers.

£15 a month is what they will charge for 40 slots. This includes 1 click installs. As for now there is no infi though.

But if you purchase your own version they will be more than happy to install it for you.

Sweet, so say someone clicked all the buttons for all the one click installs they offer, then went on to add a few scripts them selves.

Do they still have access to the files that have been modified by fastppoint gaming?

Sounds good especially for the new server owners

Sweet, so say someone clicked all the buttons for all the one click installs they offer, then went on to add a few scripts them selves.

Do they still have access to the files that have been modified by fastppoint gaming?

Sounds good especially for the new server owners

Yes this is correct. They will have full access to the modified files so can add their own on top of this.

Yes this is correct. They will have full access to the modified files so can add their own on top of this.

Another good thing about them is they use config traders for their overpoch servers by default :) so you don't have slow trader menus.

They also don't limit you to 30 minute database back-ups, you can schedule one every 10 minutes if you like. Obviously they will monitor this for people who will set up like minutely backups. They have fully configured becinto tcadmin for server restart messages, unlike gtx who use god knows what for this.

I'm interested in a overpoch origins server when they are ready.

As I can't afford dedi to do it myself and ain't aware of any others that do that mod yet

I don't think we will be seeing them till October maybe even November. I've been following this company for a month and a bit and the amount of work that has been put into it is unreal. I'd imagine they will release and focus primarily on customer support seeing as they are fresh, then will begin pushing out things like overpoch origins. I could be wrong though, I know the main developer is extremely dedicated.

It's not rocket science to install scripts,just learn, it's taken me around two weeks and I can install anything in <10 mins

Not everyone has the time or knowledge to learn. Some people want the scripts but don't have any idea how to do it.

I know a few people who like to play on their own servers themselves with scripts, but don't know how to add them.

Vert!  Rented a new server to test out the service, £15 a month for 40 slots, so far been excellent support & performance 5.135.138.65:2302

Will not be renewing Vilayer after 2 years at end of this month as the 1 week i've used Vert has been so good. 

Vert doesn't disappoint!! They are the best, Vilayer makes so much money and would be just amazing IF they hired like 10-15 more tech staff. You shouldnt have to wait 24-48 hours for a reply to an email. I ended up posting on their facebook page, was the only way to get faster reply.