Multiple servers

Pro_Speedy

Question

Hello,

I have a rough idea of how to set up more instances of Arma, but am not completely sure. I was hoping someone could write me a rough guide or link me to a guide as i am unsure how to use different MPmission folders and battleye folders ect

Thanks 

Speedy

(I'd rather keep it in one folder)

9 answers to this question

Can i ask what are in your @server folders? 

*also* do i need another arma2oaserver.exe?

Those are default @Dayz_Epoch_Server folders just renamed and (obviously) files edited inside to fit the server config and scripts. You can name your @mod folder whataver you want, as long as .bat files or launch params are adjusted to use them.

make a copy of your arma2oaserver.exe and rename it, re-adjust your batch files to use their assigned instance folders and .exe files, that's all.

DONT HELP THIS CHILD.

Why not?

Those are default @Dayz_Epoch_Server folders just renamed and (obviously) files edited inside to fit the server config and scripts. You can name your @mod folder whataver you want, as long as .bat files or launch params are adjusted to use them.

make a copy of your arma2oaserver.exe and rename it, re-adjust your batch files to use their assigned instance folders and .exe files, that's all.

Ok but say if i wanted 2 chernarus servers and they both have the same mission name how do i differentiate them to have different scripts ect

I can't find where the MPmission folder gets called

Thanks

I followed this link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server&p=2401936&viewfull=1#post2401936

which I found from a link raymix had posted to me on this subject (Thanks again btw)

Find which method works best for you I suppose, I just personally mix and matched the described methods, used a bunch of symlinks to save disk space with a script a friend wrote up for me in python.

METHOD 1

see THIS POST for more detailed information This is copy of the master install into a different directory As may times as you have space for

Pros

• Most robust
  • Unique MpMissions folder
  • Unique "keys" folder
  • Allows ability to run seperate instances of different branches of the game, (E.g Dev or Stable)

Cons

• Uses more drive space
  • Requires more effort to create and automate the updating process
METHOD 2

This uses 1 master install folder and has renamed arma3server.exe's in sub folders of the master see THIS POST for more detailed information

Pros (Compared to Method 1)

• Uses less space than Method 1
  • Updating will be easier

Cons (Compared to Method 1)

• Not very Robust
  • Shares MpMissions folders with all the other exe's (Will create a very cluttered MpMissions folder and allows admins to select addon required missions for a mod this server instance isn't running
  • Shares "keys" folder with all other exe's (This can cause an issue when running various differing -mod servers)
  • Will not allow you to run seperate instances of different branches of the game
METHOD 3

This is a hybrid of method 1, in that it is essentially a "Virtual" copy of the master install in a different directory the difference being that many folders are sim linked to the initial Master directory simlink GUI:

Pros (Compared to Method 1)

• Uses less drive space (As you wont have multiple copies of the addons folder)
  • Allows for unique MpMissions folder if desired
  • Allows for unique "keys" folder if desired
  • Updating will be easier

Cons (Compared to Method 1)

• Requires more effort to initially create the simlinks and directories
  • Will not allow you to run seperate instances of different branches of the game at the same time, (E.g Dev or Stable)
METHOD 4

You could of course mix n match all 3 methods to suit your specific requirements

Result is much more organized for someone like me and preferable IMO. 

fg0euhc.png