Thoughts and Feedback

Freedom

First off, hello my name is Freedom or Spectrez depending on the situation, and i would like to share some thoughts and feedback on the alpha of the Epoch mod. 

Immersion:

I've got to say that i really enjoy the mod doing the night with the sounds and darkness creeping in, not knowing if a sapper will sneak up on you and blow you to bits or whether a cultist is following you, its great! but there are some aspects that i would like to see improved, especially with the cities(will explain below).

Cities:

Having read the "prologue" to the mod, i had some thoughts on how the cities seem as you come across them. My main problem with the cities are the lights, if we really are in the aftermath of some mass extinction, shouldn't the lights be off and some remnants of the chaos and death that ensued.

Yes of course there are restrictions in the Arma engine, that stops modders and developers from being creative with their world, its just a thought.

Buildings:

This will be somewhat unfamiliar territory for me, as i share my thoughts about this subject, but here we go, i freaking love the direction you took the looting in this mod, and i really adore all the effort you have put into things like animations, placement and randomness it adds to a looting run. But i really have to say 1 negative thing about it, and that would be that these 90% empty buildings are ruining this otherwise so amazing ambiance that is going on when you are in the small streets going from building to building. Personally i would rather have 3-4 searchable objects in each building, but get a lot less loot per building (something that amounts to the same amount as now, but spread out over more buildings).

Loot:

i have had very few issues with the loot so far, the main thing being empty spaces in buildings (as talked about above) and with it, the lack of trash and guff that two years after the extinction of so many people probably wouldn't have any use in the future of epoch, but will tell a story about how this all came to be, and will remind people that this actually has a story and that the houses you are now rummaging through were someones home (if you catch my drift).

My other concern is the lack of thematic loot, just now anything seems to spawn anywhere, this of course could just be because of it currently being a alpha build, and to help to prove the concept of the loot system.

Antagonists:

Soldiers:

Love to have some soldiers to fight, love that they use the drone, but i feel that they should communicate, i don't know if its even possible, but i would love to hear some kind of chatter (think Half life 2 combine soldiers radio chatter), doesn't have to be server handled (causing server stress) and doesn't even have to be understandable.

Cultist:

Fun little enemy to run into, will scare the piss out of you if you aren't paying attention, and are very nicely camouflaged in the night hours. also, i hope the "cultist rituals" will become a reality, they dont have to be very common or anything, would just like to see what would happen with a few of them going to town on you're ass.  

Dogs:

The dogs are great, and i love the idea of soil playing with the spawn rate of them, but i feel that sometimes the dogs should hunt in packs, could be 2-3.

Sapper:

Simply brilliant, although i feel they should either be a bit faster or have a bit more health.

Ill actually cut this short and give the alpha a bit more time to play out, as many of the thoughts i have are probably too early and doesn't have much of a place at this point in time.

Thanks for reading :)

Having read the "prologue" to the mod, i had some thoughts on how the cities seem as you come across them. My main problem with the cities are the lights, if we really are in the aftermath of some mass extinction, shouldn't the lights be off and some remnants of the chaos and death that ensued.

Thats why i suggested in my list of addon suggestions that players have the ability to destroy the solar panels and kill power to certain cities making it really scary for people who dont have night vision yet... but able for players to come repair the panels and restore power as well....   this would accomplish several things....One it would give players something else to do besides just loot and look for vehicles , it keeps players also from camping cities or traders as much cause now there is just another thing they can camp, oh which one should i camp...hmmmmm    so it ends up spreading players out a bit

my thread also has other ideas to make for some fun gameplay like having mission messages come across the now functioning quartz radios we have in game...

Thats why i suggested in my list of addon suggestions that players have the ability to destroy the solar panels and kill power to certain cities making it really scary for people who dont have night vision yet... but able for players to come repair the panels and restore power as well....   this would accomplish several things....One it would give players something else to do besides just loot and look for vehicles , it keeps players also from camping cities or traders as much cause now there is just another thing they can camp, oh which one should i camp...hmmmmm    so it ends up spreading players out a bit

my thread also has other ideas to make for some fun gameplay like having mission messages come across the now functioning quartz radios we have in game...

I love the idea of interactive gameplay. Things to click on. Lights, gates, spike strips.