Suggestion about backpacks

Defent

The item limit ?

What do you mean ?

Because if you think to a system like ArmA 2 (Slot : XX / 50 for example) it's not possible, because ArmA 3 system is different.

ArmA 3 objects have each a "weight" / "encumbrance" and that's what matters for backpack. So you can't tell "Ok i can store 2 main weapons & 4 ammo in my backpack" cause it will be different for each weapons / items / etc...

i also have a suggestion about backpacks: make them foldable!

the reason no trader ever sells backpacks in this system is because you only have one backpack to sell and thats the one you use right now.  storing backpacks for future or friends is a problem for players since dayz epoch.

it would be great if you could craft EVERY backpack into a folded backpack (if it is empty) that you can put in your backpack (backpackception)

• 3 weeks later...

How?

Once you find another backpack you have to:

1) select the backpack you already have. This will make appear the list of items there are in it.

2) drag and drop the other backpack you've found ON THE LIST of items. Not on the other backpack or it will just replace it.

If there is enough space in the backpack the second one will be placed inside.

Yeah you can carry a pack in another pack. and a chest piece in a bag as well. It's just particular about how you place it in. Plus there is bugs with it, and they don't seem to sell to anything. Which makes backpacks the one thing you'll still always have to find or kill for.

As far as their capacity. They are stated in the BP mod on a thread over on their forms by how many "units" they can carry. For example, say the carryall is a 35 "unit" pack, and the kitpack is a 30 "unit" sack. Now you have an item that is approx. 5 "units".  you can obviously fit 1 more of those particular item in the carryall, then you can in the kitpack. Each item has it's own "unit" value.

Not positive if it's actually the same config here, but I'm sure there is a math to it regardless.