Removing Flying Insects: Server Performance Question

Shiz

I have read on a few forums back many months ago talking about how small insect's kill the fps in the game (Arma 2) Would this apply to A3 as well? This isn't a performance issue for me personally, but when these servers potentially reach the 100 slot capacity every extra frame would help the server fps as well as the player side.

Could or would you consider disabling it from the code so we can test this out? Im not sure how involved this would be to work on, just a thought. As for a lack of immersion feeling, I gotta be honest... the wind in the game makes me shit my pants from time to time as well as the other ambient noises. (other than flying insects)

Anyone else have any input on this?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to butt in... I've played on a few A3 King of the hill servers and they have an ambience on\off toggle in the in game player menu which seems to disable certain small objects and their noises client side. Could something similar be implemented into say the admin tools or an in game menu? I agree having them increases immersion and gives depth to some players but as a player whose group spans many nationalities, ages and incomes nothing breaks immersion quicker than fps issues. And ALL arma games, mods included require at the very least 30fps to be fully immersed.

I'm not saying this will fix someones fps lag but it will allow the curses of "fucking 12fps again gg" to be redirected away from these poor insects.