Looking for a good admin tool!

Leonardo

Question

Hi everyone,

I just opened a DayZ Epoch server with Vilayer and i'm looking for an admin tool.

I tryed to install this: https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/blob/master/README.md

but I had some problems(my server fail to compile some row).

Someone have some ideas???

I see that vilayer have an admin tool...The Silent Warrior,but I don't know if it work with epoch.

5 answers to this question

What does your RPT say? Also have you looked into http://dayzantihack.com/ it is the best admin tool out there I would say.

Agreed - it is the best out there right now. 

For ViLayer, you wont have the benefit of the extra dll files and such, but since you have the customcode folder, you will never be needing to unpack and repack your pbo anyway when you want to add/remove admins.

Although i cannot judge infistar, it is a strict no-go for me simply because it's a paid service and i don't feel it belongs in an open source community.

From my experience running BE (with decent filters) + BEC (including reporter) + EAT and EPM Rcon gives solid performance and we haven't had any major problems with hackers. Obviously a cure is better then a fix, but I'm not too sure hackers are still as big of a problem they once were. I feel like that might have to do with the switch to steam (or maybe BE doing a better job then before). Furthermore a solution without Infistar seems less intrusive which should reflect positive on server performance. Not sure on that last part but normally enhanced security equals more checks/code which equals more cpu power required.

Not saying don't buy Infistar, infact I'm sure it's a good product, but at least try without it and learn how to properly use all the admintools freely available. If you get a hang of those chances are you'll never need anything else.

(P.S. make sure you backup your database regularly so you can rollback in case you do get attacked)