Having a problem with a restriction

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I've seen a couple players kicked for public variable value restriction #293.I checked the log and found that they are being kicked for this:

Value Restriction #293 "dayzDeath" = ["7910",0,<NULL-object>,"150987654","(HUNTERS)pvt.j.eudy",0]

So, I opened publicvariableval.txt and it appears that this is the line that they are being kicked for:

5 dayz

I changed it to this:

5 dayz !="dayzDeath"

but they are still being kicked. Maybe I am reading the files wrong? BTW - I'm being told they are being kicked for this when they are knocked unconcious. They are kicked before they die. I'm attaching my publicvariableval.txt file in case anyone wants to look it over.

publicvariableval.txt

9 answers to this question

I have seen this multiple times and it has something to do with the skin they are wearing. one of my clan mates is a cross dresser in game and every time he gets hit by a zed or AI he gets this error. I have seen 2 fixes - 1) set his alive to 0 in the DB or 2) reset his health to full and remove any damage.

1 is easier and is more like what needs to happen since he apparently died with a kick that kept him from dieing in the db

1st: You can filter those characters in the Playername with BEC so that they cant join, or communicate with the Player to change his Name to [XYZ] instead of (XYZ)

Or you set it to 1 (log) in your playervatiable.txt

I already amended the line that is kicking to this:

5 dayz !="dayzDeath"

So that should take care of it, but apparently didn't.  Also, I have the disallowed characters line in the bec config commented out, so it's allowing all characters.

On the BEC settings, uncomment the line and add those characters that you don't want allowed - () so they can not join your server. I think communicating with the player is the best route myself.

He's already changed his name, but the kick is only happening when he's knocked unconscious. Before he was knocked unconscious, he was fine.

Having the disallowed characters line commented out means that all names will be allowed so I don't really see the purpose of uncommenting it...