Low server wide FPS fixes?

vaelorth

Question

my first epoch server has over 20,000 objects in the object data base table. no issues

This is interesting seeker619 but, can you let us know whether you are low, medium or high pop server? It seems to be the combination of a high object count and high player count when the server FPS fun starts.....

I never said that you should keep it under. I'm saying that once you have more than that, you will start to see server working harder and harder communicating all of this to the active players.

Depending on your hardware, that could probably be higher. I have had servers that were running 15000+ objects with ok frame rate...

JSRS is scripted, so that when a bullet is fired, depending on the type, you will get a certain sound that needs to travel in a certain way. While all of this is local to your machine (since you have JSRS installed), network messages are sent to all players, informing them of the bullet event and what they should hear, if they happened to be in range.  For a few bullets, this is not going to do anything to a server... but if you have an intense PvP focused server that runs 4 hour restarts and have 30+ trigger happy people, you are likely to trigger ALOT of bullet events, no? :)

Before people eviscerate me for being anti-JSRS, let me point out that I absolutely love JSRS sounds....  but the topic here was server FPS.

Ah gotcha makes perfect sense, thanks for the information.

Messed up Scripts or a Shit spec Server .

I've Ran 17000-18000 Objects on a "shared server" with Vilayer at one point without a problem. 35+ Players.

Also, can anyone tell me what the "clear Fps" Option in Infistars Menu actually does?

Messed up Scripts or a Shit spec Server .

I've Ran 17000-18000 Objects on a "shared server" with Vilayer at one point without a problem. 35+ Players.

Also, can anyone tell me what the "clear Fps" Option in Infistars Menu actually does?

just delete dead bodys, destoryed vehicles and old loot piles.