Hacker Getting Players IPs

Storm

Question

Alright so these past days there currently have been a hacker on my server going around ddosing the admins.

The why I know its a hacker on the server is that my staff only gets ddos when on the server.

Some how the hacker is able to get our ips, is there anyway I can stop or block this guy from getting any of my staff's ips?

7 answers to this question

The only way to get someones IP that i know of is by accessing the database :unsure: Try changing the password.

That shouldn't be the issue, as the database is hosted off the local machine and requires localhost to access the server.

I just changed the Rcon password just yesterday.

The only way to get someones IP that i know of is by accessing the database or through Rcon tools such as Dart :unsure: Try changing the passwords.

I kind of doubt that.  I haven't analyzed the traffic myself but I have a feeling that you are getting a pool of connections from the a2 server and in turn are sending packets to and from clients with some help from the server.

Also the DB does not record IP addresses unless you have a tool like a whitelister that logs them.

If he knows your skype names he can use a skype resolver to get your IP pretty easily. So make sure that shit isn't public.

I use a proxy server for my skype.

Also I none of my admins or me get ddos till we get on the server.

I noticed this as I went on a vpn and tested it, one of the vpn's servers went down.

I use a proxy server for my skype.

Also I none of my admins or me get ddos till we get on the server.

I noticed this as I went on a vpn and tested it, one of the vpn's servers went down.

guessing you are running a dedicated machine from your previous posts.

do you have any sort of anti-ddos protection running server-side?