Got Namalsk Crisis working on Chernarus map

Nemaconz

Question

So I am running a Overpoch/Namalsk Crisis server on a chernarus map, EVR works perfect, bloodsuckers work with no problems, just wondering if anyone out there ever figured out the decloaking issue with bloodsuckers? I have a few theories as to how I could make this work and will be busting my ass to do it, but if someone already has a solution for making the decloak I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Think the decloack is due to infistar.

Try using DZAI with the skins, that worked for me.

You think infistar is the cause of this? Have you tried encountering the bloodsuckers with infistar removed? I wrote a quick hack to spawn them on the server, but they won't decloak, I wrote them into the DZMS AI, they don't decloak when you approach them (they also all attack one another which is hilarious to watch) but if you log off and log back in you can see them decloaked. What I have come to figure out is that if you log onto the server after they have spawned, they will always appear visible to you. If you are on the server when they spawn in then you have to log in and out to get them to be visible. I have not gotten them to spawn organically through the init, I would assume it is because it is use to spawning them on a namalsk map and not a chernarus map. I was able to change where the EVR spawned and it worked fine, but I can't do that with the bloodsuckers and I do not know if they are using BIS_fnc_findSafePos when spawning in or if they have predetermined zones for spawning on namalsk.

So tell me, you use DZAI and they uncloak fine when approached?

You think infistar is the cause of this? Have you tried encountering the bloodsuckers with infistar removed? I wrote a quick hack to spawn them on the server, but they won't decloak, I wrote them into the DZMS AI, they don't decloak when you approach them (they also all attack one another which is hilarious to watch) but if you log off and log back in you can see them decloaked. What I have come to figure out is that if you log onto the server after they have spawned, they will always appear visible to you. If you are on the server when they spawn in then you have to log in and out to get them to be visible. I have not gotten them to spawn organically through the init, I would assume it is because it is use to spawning them on a namalsk map and not a chernarus map. I was able to change where the EVR spawned and it worked fine, but I can't do that with the bloodsuckers and I do not know if they are using BIS_fnc_findSafePos to spawn in or if they have predetermined zones for spawning on namalsk.

So tell me, you use DZAI and they uncloak fine when approached?

Had a play around with this ages ago AH blocks them de-cloaking. Well technically blocks you from seeing them. Tested this by blocking the AH on one person but not the other and it showed for the person without the AH spawned on them but not for the other (infistar admin) try them with your AH off they will show.

Had a play around with this ages ago AH blocks them de-cloaking. Well technically blocks you from seeing them. Tested this by blocking the AH on one person but not the other and it showed for the person without the AH spawned on them but not for the other (infistar admin) try them with your AH off they will show

Wow, I'm gonna give this a go, how did you disable the AH on a single person if I may ask? and thanks, this is going to save me a lot of heartache. Perhaps there is a value that can be changed in the AH filters to get around this.

Yea I turned off AH, spawned a bloodsucker and boom he decloaks no problem, so this is going to be an easy fix, I'll find the value that causes it and get rid of it. Now to get them to spawn organically.... I think I may have to just create zones and triggers for that.

You got a copy of those by chance? and is this in regards to the decloak or spawn?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a search and found your post from about 2 months ago, gonna give it a go.

You'd need to change the buildings that call the BS though, or maybe make it every building for "testing" :p

this is really cool man. Do you have all the namalsk sounds on it as well? I wish I was good with this kind of stuff that would be fun to do.

Probably could construct a file calling the sounds using

ns_namalsk_amb1

ns_namalsk_amb1_f

ns_namalsk_amb1_fm

ns_namalsk_amb2

or at least I think those are the ones

this is really cool man. Do you have all the namalsk sounds on it as well? I wish I was good with this kind of stuff that would be fun to do.

Probably could construct a file calling the sounds using

ns_namalsk_amb1

ns_namalsk_amb1_f

ns_namalsk_amb1_fm

ns_namalsk_amb2

or at least I think those are the ones

I was looking at the ambient sound file and they appear to trigger by zones, since I'm running this on chernarus those zones would not exist, my first line of thought was to disable the chernarus ambient sounds and then create new triggers for the namalsk ambient sounds, not sure how that would work on the client side. Even if you frankensteined it, you'd have to disable the chernarus sounds, I guess that could happen if you pointed it at the new script calling the namalsk files and since it would call from the mission pbo it sould work client side, the only x factor is the zones, unless you just allow any ambient to run anywhere. Problems with that is there is ambient sounds for the coast, if you disabled those and used the namalsk at random you'd be getting coast ambient in the middle of the map.

EDIT: So I thought changing the hideobjects from true to false in the AH.sqf would fix the problem of decloaking with infistar, it did not, so gotta keep looking. There is something in the AH doing this, and I can't think of anything else that would do this other than the hideobjects. In fact when you change all the hideobjects to false, the bloodsuckers won't appear even when you log out and log back in. I thought this would work because hideobject is stored in the publicvariable used by the remote executioner in multiplayer. So when you log out the PV goes away, and the bloodsuckers appear. This is annoying...

I was looking at the ambient sound file and they appear to trigger by zones, since I'm running this on chernarus those zones would not exist, my first line of thought was to disable the chernarus ambient sounds and then create new triggers for the namalsk ambient sounds, not sure how that would work on the client side. Even if you frankensteined it, you'd have to disable the chernarus sounds, I guess that could happen if you pointed it at the new script calling the namalsk files and since it would call from the mission pbo it sould work client side, the only x factor is the zones, unless you just allow any ambient to run anywhere. Problems with that is there is ambient sounds for the coast, if you disabled those and used the namalsk at random you'd be getting coast ambient in the middle of the map.

EDIT: So I thought changing the hideobjects from true to false in the AH.sqf would fix the problem of decloaking with infistar, it did not, so gotta keep looking. There is something in the AH doing this, and I can't think of anything else that would do this other than the hideobjects. In fact when you change all the hideobjects to false, the bloodsuckers won't appear even when you log out and log back in. I thought this would work because hideobject is stored in the publicvariable used by the remote executioner in multiplayer. So when you log out the PV goes away, and the bloodsuckers appear. This is annoying...

you could use that radio chatter script like insert linked, and just have the random little kid screams every now and again, that'd freak people out.

You'd need to change the buildings that call the BS though, or maybe make it every building for "testing" :P

I am running the script for spawning the bloodsuckers from the info you provided in the link and so far it's a no go. What is with the value for the coordinates position[]={78.115158,1.8671114,112.9837}; in the mission.sqm edit? Should I change that to a location on land in chenarus because those coordinated would put whatever that is suppose to be out in the ocean. Don't know if it is meant to be that way or not, but after double checking my work I cannot find a mistake in the way I followed your instructions.

I am running the script for spawning the bloodsuckers from the info you provided in the link and so far it's a no go. What is with the value for the coordinates position[]={78.115158,1.8671114,112.9837}; in the mission.sqm edit? Should I change that to a location on land in chenarus because those coordinated would put whatever that is suppose to be out in the ocean. Don't know if it is meant to be that way or not, but after double checking my work I cannot find a mistake in the way I followed your instructions.

On the namalsk map, that's this little land piece at the bottom left. Best change it to somewhere else, like hacker island on chern or something. What it does is place an invincible, angry taliban char with unlimited ammo on those cords. Bloodsuckers need this unit to act as their leader, else they can't be spawned in and the mission closes itself.

On the namalsk map, that's this little land piece at the bottom left. Best change it to somewhere else, like hacker island on chern or something. What it does is place an invincible, angry taliban char with unlimited ammo on those cords. Bloodsuckers need this unit to act as their leader, else they can't be spawned in and the mission closes itself.

holy shit is that why that guy is out there? I always wondered! I used to try and hide my helicopters out there back in the day and his mean ass would always shoot me.

Awesome, I'll give that a go, thanks!!

Ok so I changed the guy to hacker island, no BS's spawn, put the guy in the middle of the map, still not spawning. So, the mission.sqm is working. I have gotten the BS's to spawn by modifying AI, but I want them to spawn on their own. So, it is either the init or the building_spawnZombies.sqf. I know the building_spawnZombies is being called correctly from compiles, because when I remove that file I get the problem where the game hangs on the load screen, the moment I put it back, it works fine. So would you look at my two files here and tell me if you see anything wrong with it because I honestly am not seeing my error.

Here is the building_spawnZombies.sqf, is there anything I need to add at the top of the file where the ["_obj","_type","_config","_canLoot","_unitTypes","_min","_max","_num","_zombieChance","_rnd","_position","_positions","_iPos","_nearBy","_noOneNear"]; is?

private ["_obj","_type","_config","_canLoot","_unitTypes","_min","_max","_num","_zombieChance","_rnd","_position","_positions","_iPos","_nearBy","_noOneNear"];

//_t1 = diag_tickTime;

if (dayz_maxCurrentZeds > dayz_maxZeds) exitwith {};
if (dayz_CurrentZombies > dayz_maxGlobalZombies) exitwith {};
if (dayz_spawnZombies > dayz_maxLocalZombies) exitwith {};

_obj = _this select 0;
_type =         typeOf _obj;
_config =         configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _type;
if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then {
    _config = missionConfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _type;
};
_canLoot =         isClass (_config);

if (_canLoot) then {

//Get zombie class
    _zombieChance =    getNumber (_config >> "zombieChance");
    _rnd = random 1;

//Get zombie class
    _unitTypes =     getArray (_config >> "zombieClass");
    _min =             getNumber (_config >> "minRoaming");
    _max =             getNumber (_config >> "maxRoaming");

//Walking Zombies
    _num = (round(random _max)) max _min;

_position = getPosATL _obj;        

_noOneNear = (count (_position nearEntities ["CAManBase",30])) == 0;

if (_noOneNear) then {

_positions =    getArray (_config >> "lootPosZombie");

if (count _positions > 0) then {

{
                if (random 1 < _zombieChance) then {
                    _iPos = _obj modelToWorld _x;
                    _nearBy =  count (_iPos nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",1]) > 0;
                    if (!_nearBy) then {
                        [_iPos,true,_unitTypes] call zombie_generate;
                    };
                };
            } count _positions;

} else {

for "_i" from 1 to _num do
            {
                if (random 1 < _zombieChance) then {
                    [_position,true,_unitTypes] call zombie_generate;
                };
            };
        };
    };

//Add bloodsuckers
    if ((_type == "Land_bspawn" || _type == "Land_a_Stationhouse" || _type == "Land_A_Castle_Donjon" || _type == "GraveDZE" || _type == "Land_fuel_tank_small" || _type == "Land_Ind_Timbers" || _type == "Land_Mil_Barracks_i") && dzn_ns_bloodsucker && ((random 400) < dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den)) then {
        private["_content"];
        _rnd = random 1;
        if (_rnd < 0.18562) then {
            _content = "this addMagazine 'ItemBloodbag'";
        } else {
            _content = "";
        };
        "ns_bloodsucker" createUnit [[(_originalPos select 0) + (random 60), (_originalPos select 1) - (random 60), 0], group sefik, _content, 1, "CORPORAL"];
    };                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

dayz_buildingMonitor set [count dayz_buildingMonitor,_obj];
};

Here is the init,

/*    

For DayZ Epoch
    Addons Credits: Jetski Yanahui by Kol9yN, Zakat, Gerasimow9, YuraPetrov, zGuba, A.Karagod, IceBreakr, Sahbazz
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance =    11;                    //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;
// May prevent "how are you civillian?" messages from NPC
enableSentences false;
//disable weight
DZE_R3F_WEIGHT = false;

// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500

MaxVehicleLimit = 300; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 1; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30; // Default = 30

//Epoch Config Variables
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\epochconfig.sqf";

//overpoch loot
DZK_MissionLootTable = true;

dayz_paraSpawn = false;

dayz_minpos = -1;
dayz_maxpos = 16000;

dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 10;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;

dayz_maxAnimals = 5; // Default: 8
dayz_tameDogs = true;
DynamicVehicleDamageLow = 0; // Default: 0
DynamicVehicleDamageHigh = 100; // Default: 100

DZE_BuildOnRoads = false; // Default: False
dzn_ns_bloodsucker = true;        // Make this false for disabling bloodsucker spawn
dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den = 400;    // Spawn chance of bloodsuckers, max 400, ignore if dzn_ns_bloodsucker set to false
ns_blowout = true;                        // Make this false for disabling random EVR discharges (blowout module)
ns_blowout_dayz = true;     // Leave this always true or it will create a very huuuge mess
ns_blow_delaymod = 0.74;
DZE_MissionLootTable = True;
DZEdebug = false;

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;

diag_log text "Init.sqf Start call compiles.";

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "customm\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                //Compile trader configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_modules\blowout\blowout_init.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

diag_log text "Init.sqf Start call compiles.";

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {

diag_log text "Init.sqf Is Server start.";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
//Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys
_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf";

diag_log text "APlotForLife";
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\custom\APlotForLifev2.2.1\server_monitor.sqf";
diag_log format["[_serverMonitor: %1]",_serverMonitor];

diag_log text "Init.sqf Is Server End.";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

//Lights
//[false,12] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";

};

//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

// Safe Zone
[] execVM "customm\safezone.sqf";

// Name Tags
[] execVM "customm\cpcnametags.sqf";

//Tow and lift
[] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Any feedback you can offer would be very appreciated, thank you in advance!!!

And for good measure here are the important parts of the mission.sqm

version=11;

class Mission
{
        addOns[]=
    {    
        "chernarus",
        "ca_modules_animals",
        "dayz_anim",
        "dayz_code",
        "dayz_communityassets",
        "dayz_weapons",
        "dayz_equip",
        "dayz_epoch",
        "dayz_vehicles",
        "cacharacters_pmc",
        "ca_modules_functions",
        "glt_m300t",
        "pook_h13",
        "csj_gyroac",
        "map_eu",
        "jetskiyanahuiaddon",
        "mbg_buildings_3",
        "mbg_killhouses",
        "aif_arma1buildings",
        "mbg_african_buildings",
        "gms_k98",
        "RH_m14",
        "FHQ_Remington",
        "FHQ_Remington_ammo",
        "FHQ_Remington_msr",
        "FHQ_Remington_xm2010",
        "FHQ_Remington_acr",
        "FHQ_Remington_rsass",
        "VILAS_WWP",
        "VILAS_RW_Forces",
        "VILAS_WWP_CO",
        "VILAS_RW_Forces_CO",
        "ddopp_taserpack",
        "smk_anims_lite",
        "MicroAirVehicles",
        "oz_is_objects",
        "monaro",
        "gsc_units_stalker_patch",
        "american_law_enforcement",
        "CYBP_Camels_Config",
        "nissan_350z",
        "ussr_cheytac",
        "bb_mercenary",
        "goosuksf",
        "frb"
    };

addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "dayz_weapons",
        "cacharacters2",
        "cacharacters_e",
        "ns_dayz",
        "ns_modules",
        "ns_mutants",
        "ca_modules_functions",
        "namalsk",
        "chernarus"
    };
    randomSeed=11171215;
    class Intel
    {
        briefingName="DayZ Epoch Chernarus";
        briefingDescription="DayZ Epoch Chernarus Private Server";
        startWeather=0.067362607;
        forecastWeather=0.52341133;
        year=2008;
        month=10;
        day=1;
        hour=12;
    };
    class Groups
    {
        items=4;
        class Item0
        {
            side="WEST";
            class Vehicles

(deleted all the shit in the middle)

class Item3
        {
            side="EAST";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6612.54,0.00143433,6001.12};
                    id=52;
                    side="EAST";
                    vehicle="TK_INS_Soldier_EP1";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    text="sefik";
                    init="this allowDamage false;";
                };
            };
        };
    };

(deleted everything after)

well, might have to go a different route then.

For some reason my blowouts don't work on namalsk, inless I add all the files to the mission pbo. After theat they work, but have 2 in quick succession. Different matter so let's not go there.

What I'm getting at is adding the mutant files to the mission pbo and adding an init in the init.sqf

that would be something like []execVM "mutantfiles/init.sqf"

I've toyed around with this idea for some time but never got round to perfecting it.

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8661-event-show-us-your-serverspecials/?p=68822 <- video of toying :p

one of the biggest problems is an undefined variable in the mutant.fsm or something, it will spam your RTP like crazy.

Btw, if you have infistar, before you do anyhting of the above, put on map markers and check if the bloodsuckers are indeed not spawned and not teleported to the desired location. What happens is: server spawns bloodsuckers in the debug or lower left corner of the map, and teleports them to near the player (hence the little can whenever a bloodsucker spawns). What could be happening is that the server spawns them, but doesnt teleport them.

If you turn on mapmarkers and check if you see AI (red circle thingies) at the bottom left or near the sefik unit, they do indeed spawn, but arent tp'd.

Are you following me so far? :p