Server not showing on commander

goatservers

Question

Hi,

I recently updated my epoch server to the latest steam build as dayz commander has recently updated to that build but for some reason the server isn't showing up. It shows up on the server browser when you launch arma on steam(and no, i'm not using the gamespy version of arma) but it won't show on commander.

Thanks in advance

It showed up on commander once when it was in my favourites, then it wouldn't let me add the steam query port version to my favourites and now it dosen't show at all, and when it was showing it wasn't showing the epoch version number under the beta number 

version doesn't show for me either. Works for some other servers tho (like MGT) for some reason.

Also server names seem to be limited size now, lol

Does anyone whose server is working with the version showing on commander know how to put the version on commander?

You need to put the version names - (1.0.5.1/125548) for example - in the server title. Since it's been shortened and most had it at the end, it has been cut off.

Edit: I think...

You need to put the version names - (1.0.5.1/125548) for example - in the server title. Since it's been shortened and most had it at the end, it has been cut off.

Edit: I think...

You are right. No need for 125548 thought, just 1051 will suffice. We really need a settings.txt (like a robots.txt for websites) in which we can post stuff like this so we don't have to put config stuff in the title.

Check if DZC thinks you have installed Epoch by going to the Install / Update section. If not, go to your ARMA 2 OA folder and rename the epoch folder to @DayZ_Epoch.

It knows, I haven't used DZL, recognises other Epoch servers too. Just not mine...

anyone know?

Yes that'll work.

My epoch was installed directly off commander so it isn't that also does anyone else have the problem where you can only see the server if you add it to your favourites through your steam port and then everyone else who wants to see the server has to do that

Yes, my server won't appear on DZC without faving it using the steam query port.

It also isn't being recognised as an Epoch server. Looking at the rpt it definitely is launching with Epoch...

Okay the thing that i did was 1.) remove my settings file from C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Local\DayzCommander\, NOTE: This will delete all your saved stuff like history / favorites / friends. After that i restarted the program » added the ip:steamport (not gameport) to the favorites » join the server and all worked fine a few minutes later. So even unfavoring & restarting will still pop-up the server in the listings.

Okay the thing that i did was 1.) remove my settings file from C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Local\DayzCommander\, NOTE: This will delete all your saved stuff like history / favorites / friends. After that i restarted the program » added the ip:steamport to the favorites » join the server and all worked fine a few minutes later. So even unfavoring & restarting will still pop-up the server in the listings.

The main problem is the server not registering as an Epoch server, it does show in DZC when you use ip:steamquery, but you can't join.

Okay the thing that i did was 1.) remove my settings file from C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Local\DayzCommander\, NOTE: This will delete all your saved stuff like history / favorites / friends. After that i restarted the program » added the ip:steamport (not gameport) to the favorites » join the server and all worked fine a few minutes later. So even unfavoring & restarting will still pop-up the server in the listings.

it's all fine for the server owner to be able to connect who has the patience to go through all of these steps, but what about players who are searching for a server like mine, they won't know how to find it

I am definately running 122548 as when the server starts in the rpt it says, not sure about millasaurus

=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2014/07/25 08:58:06
Current time:  2014/07/25 12:49:55

Version 1.63.125548

What is the IP of your testserver Millasaurus?

--

@goatserver: Both of your signature servers are not showing up for me. Are you running a testserver aswell?

yes, i'm running a test server and the test server is on my dedicated server along with my other working 112555 servers