Repair Vehicle Bug?

WagsFTW

I've noticed that whenever you repair a vehicle, in this instance it was a pickup truck, that the engine remains "orange" or damaged. No matter how "lightly" you damage it, or how hard you damage it, everything repairs fully, except the engine.

I would like to expand upon this.

I did not have time to properly document this the other night so I aplogize for this weak report.

I found a busted "suv" (looks like a crossover) with two broken front wheels.  I repaired the vehicle and all green with orange engine, wheels are repaired.   Hit a rock and engine turns red (I believe wheels turned orange), both wheels are broken again.  Repaired again, same status as previous repair.  Jumped a ditch and both front wheels broke again with same damage status as before.

I repeated this as I crossed over difficult terrain and every time I damaged my vehicle, regardless of how I did it (hitting rocks, trees, walls, jumping ditches), the same damage status was applied.

I have not tried to repair with a multigun yet but I have one in my inventory and will attempt again hopefully tonight.