key chain

Horny Goldfish

no reason for a 5 key limit the average keychain usually holds between 10 - 20 and can be interlinked to hold alot more just look at any janitor or superintendant and youll see what i mean

While you are right about how many you could actually put on a keychain IRL I think a limit in-game would be safer.  I think the limit should be 11 (12 is the size of the tool belt slots right?).  The reason being is players might end up deleting keys if they select "Remove all keys" (I'm guessing there would be an option for that) with less space than that of the (keychain + keys) in the tool belt; the player might end up accidentally deleting keys. I suppose this could be avoided by only allowing the player to remove 1 at a time but I think doing that even 3-5 times is asking too much patience from the player. The devs might come up with a niftier solution though, there are other hurdles with key chains that would have to be overcome too.

this is a must, I'm sick a tired of playing the game of "lets find out what key goes to what car!" at least with this key chain I can have twelve keys and then just toss out a key ring every time i get to many crap keys. Honestly who owns more than 12 locked vehicles at any time?

side note, put keys in inventory with the option to "add to tool belt" so when you get key ring and you want to remove all the keys just make sure your inventory is empty.

While you are right about how many you could actually put on a keychain IRL I think a limit in-game would be safer.  I think the limit should be 11 (12 is the size of the tool belt slots right?).  The reason being is players might end up deleting keys if they select "Remove all keys" (I'm guessing there would be an option for that) with less space than that of the (keychain + keys) in the tool belt; the player might end up accidentally deleting keys. I suppose this could be avoided by only allowing the player to remove 1 at a time but I think doing that even 3-5 times is asking too much patience from the player. The devs might come up with a niftier solution though, there are other hurdles with key chains that would have to be overcome too.

removing all keys could put them all in your backpack if yyou had the room

• 2 weeks later...

I think having a key chain for your keys is both good and bad. I would store my key chains with my copied keys in the safe, but the only down fall is having the key chain in your toolbelt then someone coming along and shoots you and takes them. I would rather loose one key then all of them. They may never find all your vehicles but they can be jerks and just throw them out in a field somewhere. Its a great idea to have in safes to save storage space but not so good to carry around.