build: 112555

sarge ai

DZMS

Build Snapping

JAEM Evac

WAI

Infistar AH

ok problems im having are

1. Arma2OA out of memory (seems to happen once a day)

2. While ingame after about an hour i cant use my traders if i click on a catagory

it just says "loading data" if i go to the lobby to come back in i get stuck on the loading screen saying

trying to authenticate stays on that then i get a message "You must be close to a rock to mine ore."

3 . low FPS (im guessing sarge AI) is there anyway to sort sarge from causing the fps issues

4. RPT Spam (guessing due to the 112555) with

if ((_>
17:52:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _cont
17:52:16 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 2496
17:52:24 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_>
17:52:24   Error position: <KRON_UPS_>
17:52:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_
17:52:24 Error in expression <ormat ["KRON_UPS_%1",_npcname]];};

any help that can fix these issue would be great

10 answers to this question

I've substituted SargAI with DZAI and I no longer get the log spam.  I know that doesn't help you fix Sarge AI , but I hope it gives you an alternative to use if you are desperate to get your server back up again.  Most scripts need their authors to redo them for the latest patch, it's a case of whether Sarge is going to update his or not :(

yeh its a shame love the hero bandit survivor thing

iv turned off sarge atm for testing to see if that is causing all my other problems too

It's not only that the sarge settings for fortify ambush and patrol were very cool features other ai packages don't have but sarge is very resource heavy to use

DZAI appear to me at least, to be more human like in their actions.  I've seen one sneak behind a wall and use a lampost to peak round, he was so NOT AI LIKE that I had to shout over side to ask if it was a player.  With Sarge AI , I could tell everytime and they were predictable 99% of the time.  But yeah, I did like the ambush and fortify features. 

so far disabling sarge iv not had any problems but still under testing think ill be switch to dzai shame really would like to have heros and survivors running around too but sarge seems to be causing too many problems just a shame sarge dont update it anymore

It sounds to me to fix a couple of your server performance problems that you need to update your servers hardware and clean up your server database, also a clean up to date install of the mods you mentioned should fix all your problems with variable errors as long as you follow the install instructions.

I'm with almost the same problem...

I was running my server normally and when it restarted it cam with these errors..

i'm running overpoch 1.0.5.1/112555

Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];
_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 7:54:26   Error position: <_result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 7:54:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
 7:54:26 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 280
 7:54:26 Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];
_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 7:54:26   Error position: <_result select 0;

Does anyone knows how to fix it?

I'm using WAI after leaving Sarge AI. I've created a couple of missions (roaming bandit and roaming bandit vehicle) which give me a little randomness with the AI. I really miss Sarge's soldiers and survivors, I had the soldiers set up as UN which operated in the North and the survivors as USMC which operated along the coastline.

Sadly, with the new steam beta thing I can't get my server to run so players can connect reliably. Sometimes it works ok, others they get the black screen with sound. The worst part is there isn't anything in the rpt to help troubleshoot the problem.

I can't wait for the steam update to settle down and my players to start returning.  This whole fiasco has nearly but ruined my server.  Some of you guys put way more effort than me into the script additions as well, so I feel you for you the most.  

Thankfully, everything is working on my server right now.  Minus Missions, but we all decided (me and my moderators) to take those out so we could force players to horde less and scavenge more (it was working a treat until this dam update lost me my regulars).  

So far, no report errors though. So I'm happy with that small miracle :)