DZE_DefaultSkin - Spawn problem 1.0.5.1 bug?

kat

Question

I have an issue using 'DZE_defaultSkin'. 

In my case, upon spawning, your inventory screen will display and any attempt at closing it will revert you to the loading screen where it seems to freeze.

You can see that your clothing has changed while looking at inventory screen

This only happens with newly spawned characters.

There wasn't any error in the .rpt either.

exact entry is

DZE_defaultSkin = [["CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","Functionary2_EP1"],["Rita_Ensler_EP1","CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1"]];

Not a huge issue, just wondering if its a bug or just my instance. 

Thanks! 

5 answers to this question

Here's what I did to try to randomize the skins and it didn't work. 

_male = ["Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Priest_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ","Rocker4_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Graves_Light_DZ","Drake_Light_DZ","CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1_DZ","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","TK_Commander_EP1_DZ","RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ","INS_Lopotev_DZ","INS_Soldier_AR_DZ","INS_Soldier_CO_DZ","INS_Bardak_DZ","INS_Worker2_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_female = ["SurvivorWpink_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ","SurvivorWurban_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
DZE_defaultSkin = [_male,_female];

The only thing I can think of is that it's in the wrong part of the init.sqf.

Here's what I did to try to randomize the skins and it didn't work. 

_male = ["Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Priest_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ","Rocker4_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Graves_Light_DZ","Drake_Light_DZ","CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1_DZ","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","TK_Commander_EP1_DZ","RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ","INS_Lopotev_DZ","INS_Soldier_AR_DZ","INS_Soldier_CO_DZ","INS_Bardak_DZ","INS_Worker2_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_female = ["SurvivorWpink_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ","SurvivorWurban_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
The only thing I can think of is that it's in the wrong part of the init.sqf.

Nope it will automatically randomize it for you if there is more than 1 element in the nested array.

Try this

_male = ["Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Priest_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ","Rocker4_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Graves_Light_DZ","Drake_Light_DZ","CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1_DZ","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","TK_Commander_EP1_DZ","RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ","INS_Lopotev_DZ","INS_Soldier_AR_DZ","INS_Soldier_CO_DZ","INS_Bardak_DZ","INS_Worker2_DZ"];
_female = ["SurvivorWpink_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ","SurvivorWurban_DZ"];

I want to put emphasis on the NESTED ARRAY part of what I just said. You must use a format like this.

DZE_defaultSkin = [ARRAY1,ARRAY2];

Note that BIS_FNC_selectRandom returns a random element of the array it is passed so it was returning a string, so you were doing something like this.

DZE_defaultSkin = [sTRING1,STRING2];

Which doesn't work.

EDIT: I just realize that you are using the player models, not the skins. I.e. Sniper1_DZ needs to be Skin_Sniper1_DZ. I will change it to accept either in the hotfix.