gamespy shutdown ??? anyone know whats going to happen

calamity

Question

3 answers to this question

Im with Vilayer too, we just have to wait and see. I found this info on a forum: Postdate 26-06. Maybe for some new and usefull information....

Info on the new patch and gamespy no longer running

Armifer: With gamespy shutdown, Dayz commander is currently using a back up IP list. All Arma2 servers are now through steam, and dayz mod installed through steam, on steam server browser.

Armifer: Only servers updated to beta patch 1.63.112555 and above will be shown on steam and is not backwards compatible. Dayz Commander will work for now for older servers on 1.62.103718, however epoch 1.0.5 is now released and the hot fix will require latest beta patch, meaning commander will be obsolete for finding your servers

Armifer: Read here on how to get 1.63.124802 Arma2 version as the 112555 version breaks all dayz servers: http://forums.dayzga...ts-please-read/

Armifer: Expect over the next couple weeks all servers to migrate to the newer version, which has better performance and reduced bandwidth usage in multiplayer. In the mean time, if you cannot find populated A2 servers, join us in Arma3! Use your steam server browser to find servers and game types by going to steam main window, select 'View', then select 'Servers'

whats this gamespy shutdown on the 30th ??

DO I as vilayer server admin or my players need to do anything???

You'll need to run your server on the latest Arma 2 beta. Unless something changes in DayzCommander, players won't be able to see your server status in DayzCommander. They'll need to use the in-game browser to join your server.