New craftable item to raid bases, what do you think?

HellWalker

After playing a lot of epoch, we've been facing a "big problem" when it comes down to a PVP.. If a player is inside his base, it's basically impossible to kill them, or at least, very very hard.. Specially if it's indestructable bases, they just stay inside and nothing happens.

I know it's its purpouse, to protect players, but i think it would be nice if we could craft some fast ladder just to climb on the walls and raid someone's base. Or maybe a rope. We used to build those ladders from epoch, but since we need a plot pole and it can't be in the same range of other plot pole, it toke a long time until we can do this.

Doesn't need to be something to stay there forever, it can be deleted in each server reestart, like i said, some fast raid! Just get to a base, throw the rope over the wall and invade the base!

What do you guys think about it?

Indeed a satchel charge does, also the MAAWS and a couple of the high powered vehicle weapons, however, used in the correct context for example satchel 1 wall and rush into someones base sounds great, but go to bed on a night to wake up the next day with no base left because someone just wanted to destroy things can get frustrating, I know this is the real dayz experience but basebuilding is the number 1 reason people play epoch.

The rope sounds like a fantastic idea, would need to make it difficult to obtain however, maybe have rope as rare drop from barns, and then the rope hook as a rare drop from worker zombies, similar to the sledgehammer but maybe a little rarer, and have it only have 1 use. 

This would give the availability for hotwire kits and rope w/hook to be used a limited number of times to raid/steal from bases, making the player who owns them choose carefully about when to use them.

Indeed a satchel charge does, also the MAAWS and a couple of the high powered vehicle weapons, however, used in the correct context for example satchel 1 wall and rush into someones base sounds great, but go to bed on a night to wake up the next day with no base left because someone just wanted to destroy things can get frustrating, I know this is the real dayz experience but basebuilding is the number 1 reason people play epoch.

The rope sounds like a fantastic idea, would need to make it difficult to obtain however, maybe have rope as rare drop from barns, and then the rope hook as a rare drop from worker zombies, similar to the sledgehammer but maybe a little rarer, and have it only have 1 use. 

This would give the availability for hotwire kits and rope w/hook to be used a limited number of times to raid/steal from bases, making the player who owns them choose carefully about when to use them.

Yeap! That is the point.

A lot of players in my server just don't want to play after someone completely destroyed their bases, just because they were inside refusing to go PVP.

This is a way to go around. You can use a rope to get inside the base, get a chainsaw and destroy the door and raid the base.

I dind't thought about those ideas you said, but they seems to be awesome! rare drop from zombies and still need to make a simple craft and only able to use once!

satchel and vehicles can do the job, but.. too overpower i think.

My friend and I have debated the ability to code some type of combo lock hacker. Kind of like the hotwire tool, it would essentially run a random attempt at "hacking" the combination lock for doors so you could raid a base (and perhaps even safes), without blowing it to smithereens. Haven't gotten very far with it as yet, but its on the plate of stuff we're looking at trying to get working for our server.

If anyone has any ideas on it, or we get one working, we'll post it for all to use, and perhaps alleviate some of this type of problem.

My friend and I have debated the ability to code some type of combo lock hacker. Kind of like the hotwire tool, it would essentially run a random attempt at "hacking" the combination lock for doors so you could raid a base (and perhaps even safes), without blowing it to smithereens. Haven't gotten very far with it as yet, but its on the plate of stuff we're looking at trying to get working for our server.

If anyone has any ideas on it, or we get one working, we'll post it for all to use, and perhaps alleviate some of this type of problem.

That is a great idea. I think the bases shouldn't be COMPLETELY safe and indestructible. 

Would the rope work if the base had a roof?

Would it work if the bas is partially made from an existing building?

If you can chainsaw down a door from the inside why can't you chainsaw it down from the outside?  People can place doors to swing in or out of their base so the "Interior" side is not defined by the object shape. 

Would the rope work if the base had a roof?

Would it work if the bas is partially made from an existing building?

If you can chainsaw down a door from the inside why can't you chainsaw it down from the outside?  People can place doors to swing in or out of their base so the "Interior" side is not defined by the object shape. 

Yes, i know, but i'm giving an idea to do something.. Not everyone build bases inside of existing one.

This brings up a great debate since safehouses should technically be "safe" otherwise it's pointless to waste time building a solid and seure base. On the other hand it's not very realistic to have a completely safe building, that's why (insert religious prophet) gave us brains to create satchels, ropes... and if you ask me, chains and winches attached to a vehicle with high torque .../ if the tow option on trucks worked on wooden doors to rip the door open. That would be awesome imo, and I don't even play with lift/tow anymore.

Concrete is a different story imo. If a player builds a fully locked cinder base that is that hard / lethal to enter, they deserve to be kept safe by at least one building material. Since satchels are an option I don't think making more tools to make locked cinder doors obsolete is a great solution. Defending is (and should continue to be) much easier than assaulting and a prepared defender in a locked house shouldn't become an easier target through scripts imo.

BUT (big but), if the defender leaves any entries, even a window, the attackers should be able to exploit that to get in the base. If that takes more tools then so be it.

This brings up a great debate since safehouses should technically be "safe" otherwise it's pointless to waste time building a solid and seure base. On the other hand it's not very realistic to have a completely safe building, that's why (insert religious prophet) gave us brains to create satchels, ropes... and if you ask me, chains and winches attached to a vehicle with high torque .../ if the tow option on trucks worked on wooden doors to rip the door open. That would be awesome imo, and I don't even play with lift/tow anymore.

Concrete is a different story imo. If a player builds a fully locked cinder base that is that hard / lethal to enter, they deserve to be kept safe by at least one building material. Since satchels are an option I don't think making more tools to make locked cinder doors obsolete is a great solution. Defending is (and should continue to be) much easier than assaulting and a prepared defender in a locked house shouldn't become an easier target through scripts imo.

BUT (big but), if the defender leaves any entries, even a window, the attackers should be able to exploit that to get in the base. If that takes more tools then so be it.

Yeah, you have some awesome ideas! I didn't tought about the tow option to open doors! And also i don't want to be easy to raid bases.. 

But i also don't want players to be 100% safe inside their bases, even with concrete.. There should be something to do.

Cant we just hammer through any base structure as it is now?

The issue isn't that we cant raid bases, its that server admins make bases indestructible, and that is their choice.

If a server is set to indestructible cinder etc. then they don't want bases being raided so maybe go to a different server if base raiding is what you want.

As soon as base raiding tools are added servers will just start adding protective domes or other workarounds.

Two words.... Fire Engine.

Hard to find, not available at the vehicle traders, fairly slow moving, doubly so cross country, noisey, has a ladder for getting in to bases, a great focus for clan vs clan battles.  A modern take on the seige engines of old.

He who has the Fire Engine rules the world....

I presume there are no fire engine models in Epoch so is anyone up to the task ?.

I like the idea in principle but agree that if you want base raiding go to a server with indestruct switched off and satchel away! Or a server with just doors destructible which is the best option at the moment in my opinion.

With the rare rope and ladder ideas, has anyone had a thought on how to get out of the base afterwards?

The more I think of your problem the more I think it would be nice to have the ability to simply build on other people plots... wait for it ...then whatever was built is deleted at restart.

This way not only could you access bases, if you really want to ambush someone or just punish someone for not wanting to come out to play, you could place a door or wall in front of their door(s) to keep them from getting in/out until restart.

I'm not even sure I would want to play in a server lik that I'm just throwing ideas out there.