Question about OverPoch

Line2.lv

Question

Hi guys, I did not know where to post my question so I posted it here...

I don`t really need and scripting help, just wanted to ask you guys a question...

I have heard a rumours that when you combine Epoch with Overwatch, you got very laggy server...

For an exmaple, it`s desynchronizing much more often then with normal Epoch, also players spawning in debug zones and somes times with + 50 online, server just crashes...

The think is that I`m making a massive server with many interesting scripts, etc etc... but I haven`t really tested it all togather with players online...

So I`m afraid that when I`ll also add overwatch, it could just mess everything up so I want to hear your thoughts / opinion about it all...

I have a strong decidated server, no worries about that.

Generally just about the mod, is it safe to host with 54 players online in the same time (3 hour restart) and is server working normally without any changes ?

7 answers to this question

Personally, I found that when I removed all police cars from the server it drastically improved frame rates and stopped almost all d-sync, not sure if that is just a Coincidence but it worked. I think that if you have a Good dedicated server you will be able to run an overpoch server easily

Personally, I found that when I removed all police cars from the server it drastically improved frame rates and stopped almost all d-sync, not sure if that is just a Coincidence but it worked. I think that if you have a Good dedicated server you will be able to run an overpoch server easily

Oh yes! Police cars kill your server! 

survival servers is releasing the use of overpoch. they are making it usable when you buy a server from them :) was asking them for my .BAT file, when they asked me what for? and i told them, and they asked for a HOW-TO so i walked them through it , and they are working on it as we speak :) im sure they will take car of alot of problems... like vehicles, fps lagg, weapons and skin addition to the server... i asked to test it whne theyre done and i got a big hell yes :D cannot wait <3

SurvivalServers is shit, I swear its ran by kids. They don't give you access to anything. 

Worst provider I have touched. 

survival servers is releasing the use of overpoch. they are making it usable when you buy a server from them :) was asking them for my .BAT file, when they asked me what for? and i told them, and they asked for a HOW-TO so i walked them through it , and they are working on it as we speak :) im sure they will take car of alot of problems... like vehicles, fps lagg, weapons and skin addition to the server... i asked to test it whne theyre done and i got a big hell yes :D cannot wait <3

rofl ... gl with that

and opinions. thats all. i think theyre decent. one of the quickest replies i get when submitting a ticket. or the live support. all you dont get access to is the .BAT ... other than that i havnt had problems with them. in my opinion vilayer/dayzst is horrid D:  

survivialservers are the most horrible service i have ever experienced, they have no knowlage of what they are doing and their servers crash frequently when above 30 players (but i guess you wouldnt know anything about that).

dayz.st might not be the best servers you can rent, however their service is pretty much always online (not to mention cheap) and if you know what you are doing your server will pretty much always be running (quality of gameplay on the server however can be discussed, and server fps might be lacking with hevily modded servers).

in a quick sum up: you get what you pay for, when you only spend 30$.

vilayer has so far had the best and most flexible service i have tried so far, their support service however is not always topnutch altho lately it has been quite good.

the quality of the server are quite good and even tho i run i hevily modded server they rarely crash with regular epoch and my players frequently tell me they never had as good fps anywhere else.