raymix

I've seen some rumors that it's released within a week, is it true?

Been working on some cool stuff for over 2 weeks now about 10-12h a day just for this update, I seriously don't want to miss the launch and make a pull request on github before this date.

I just need some sort of idea of how much time I have so I can rearrange my TODO list.

Thanks

Well, they have to release before 31.05. I think. Since all players have to update to the latest beta-patch for using the steam server browser. If not, player will not be able to see the servers anymore. For compatability reasons server owner have to update their servers and I think the current Epoch version will break with the newest beta-patch.

Could be that I got something wrong there. Anyway, they are aware of that 31.05. Arma change and I guess they release a new version as soon as we get a final patch from BI.

My server and client are running 1.63 with steam server listing and have been since it came out.  Hevent seen any issues with Epoch at all.

I still get a "new version 1.62 is available" message when logging on :) .

There was a little bit of playing around to get it working fine but I didn't need to roll back and disable Steam updates or anything like that.  THink I just needed to export the addon keys (BAF / ACR / PMC) from my desktop machine and inport them to the server registery to get it working (it was a while ago though so not 100% that was all).

The version check is also in sqf scripts so it could be removed if needed (IIRC).

My server and client are running 1.63 with steam server listing and have been since it came out.  Hevent seen any issues with Epoch at all.

I still get a "new version 1.62 is available" message when logging on :) .

There was a little bit of playing around to get it working fine but I didn't need to roll back and disable Steam updates or anything like that.  THink I just needed to export the addon keys (BAF / ACR / PMC) from my desktop machine and inport them to the server registery to get it working (it was a while ago though so not 100% that was all).

The version check is also in sqf scripts so it could be removed if needed (IIRC).

Use this startup param: -noPatchCheck

Sounds good. Feel free to offer a tutorial for the community. I would try to find it our myself, but I dont run a server anymore. :D

Haha,  I seem to be buried 3 hours every night trying to ge tthe Better Refueling mod working at the moment.

As I don't have steam on the server I need the DayZ Epoch server to be created from the client install.

• I just upgraded the client
  • Rran all the ARMA II games / mods to the main menu screen so the keys are generated. 
  • Extracted the keys using regedit -> export
  • Backed up the 1.62 server install on the Windows server.
  • Copied the steamapps ARMA II and OA folders over to the server, merged them and then merged the Epoch server package.
  • Imported the keys to the server registory
  • Copied the MPMissions, the mission config folder, the startup bat file and the @[mod] folders in from the 1.62 install folder
  • Applied the reg keys to the server
  • Started it up.

I have never got DayZ Commander to work on my Win 2012r2 server so mine is a copy from the client server build.

Thx man, hope that helps at least some people. Most guys here rent server from hosters. So I guess these hosters have to take care of that. Hope they know what they are doing, but I guess 50% of all servers will die at the first of June. Probably good anyway for focusing the last living players of this mod.

Anyway, if an Epoch Dev is reading this. How about a status report on 1.0.5. A rough estimation would be enough I guess. Something like: in the next days, in the next month or we stopped developing it and purly focusing on Arma 3. I know that transparency can backfire, but I think your fans deserve a little bit more informations. So far there wasn't much...

All the popular Arma mods will be around for years to come. Plenty of very old and awful games still alive and well. I remember hearing "when the standalone comes out, 50% of servers will die" . This too was far from the truth^^

Thx man, hope that helps at least some people. Most guys here rent server from hosters. So I guess these hosters have to take care of that. Hope they know what they are doing, but I guess 50% of all servers will die at the first of June. Probably good anyway for focusing the last living players of this mod.

Anyway, if an Epoch Dev is reading this. How about a status report on 1.0.5. A rough estimation would be enough I guess. Something like: in the next days, in the next month or we stopped developing it and purly focusing on Arma 3. I know that transparency can backfire, but I think your fans deserve a little bit more informations. So far there wasn't much...

If you look at their github you can see that they are actively working on it. Even today something was posted about 1.0.5

If you look even closer you will see that they didn't work on it for even 23 days now. The update Skaronator did 3 days ago was just an cleanup of personal files that were still in there.

@Saltzmann: I hope 50% of the servers die. That didn'T happen since the standalone came out, but 50% of playerbase left for sure. :D

@Saltzmann: I hope 50% of the servers die. That didn'T happen since the standalone came out, but 50% of playerbase left for sure. :D

Some players did leave yes, but they came back because the standalone is awful. I know my server has many players that have returned from the standalone and are loving coming back to Epoch . :)