New Terrain Release : Nogova 2014

NigeyS

Hi guys,

Finally, after 18 months of work, and 3 months of testing, Myself, and Hotzenplotz are pleased to release a new version of the Nogova Terrain for arma2.

The updated version for 2014 has been specifically modified with DayZ in mind, updated towns, and cities with almost all enter-able, lootable buildings, many enhancements to military areas, a 3rd airfield has also been added.  

The terrain has been extensively tested by the guys @ CCG and bugs / changes made.

Creating a DayZ Epoch version of Nogova should be fairly straight forward and take only a matter of minutes if you know what you are doing.

There is a test server running that you can join to preview the new terrain, just head over to Epochservers.com, download the new launcher, and you can download all the needed files, and join any Epoch Nogova server.

We hope you enjoy the terrain, and please report any issues you find, there are still some known issues whch are listed below, they will be addressed in the next update, estimated to be about 4 weeks from today.

Known Issues

• Some mbg_* buildings still have non working doors, mainly in the Lipany area.
  • Lights on the new aircraft tower, and the door are not yet functioning
  • The coast road by Davle needs more smoothing, driving down there fast will likely cause a crash.
  • Army huts @ the military airfield do not spawn loot due to an invalid config class.

Some screenshots and video will be posted later this evening.

Some Screenshots :

arma2oa%202014-05-24%2020-35-34-223.jpg

More Images & Client Files @ http://nigey.co.uk/Nogova2014/

Server Key File

Videos (Taken before the new military editions): 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=epoch+nogova

Cool put up some pictures, been looking for a new map for my server

Will do, be a couple of hours while i finish up some other stuff, will try to get a video up to, but my pathetic system struggles to record properly without major jerkiness!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

not sure what i'm doing wrong, but my server keeps complaining about wrong signatures if i use the files from dl-link.

Is it possible, that theres something wrong with the key files?

Shouldnt be an issue, i have the same key files running on the test server.

Is this a public testserver, maybe i can try to connect and see if the problem is on the client side or if there is something wrong with my server?

It is yup, Ip - 62.210.83.77 Port 2332

Let me know if you have any problems, i can connect there just fine wit the client files I released, and the server key i uploaded, which directory have you put the key file in btw ?

Thanks.

Hmm it seems the problem occurs when trying to run nogova on linux, but i'm not sure why.

On my windows root i don't get those errors. I'll keep trying ...

I've put the keyfile in the "Keys" folder.

hmm, not sure what could be causing it on linux, ive not yet tried to run a linux server myself, can you upload the .rpt file from both your client and your server so i can see which errors are occuring and when, also check the server config, make sure you have the server key setting set to 2 not 1 .. if i get time today i'll try to run a linux server in a VM and see what happens.  

Really nice map, great job, it runs fine and not too much shite on the roads :)

There's a strange marker on the map, near the military airport

Some missions are in Russian

but them namalsk type evr storms are annoying, knocks me out, zed breaks my leg whilst i'm out cold :(

Hey, glad you are enjoying the map, i'll turn down the EVR storms, best way to avoid damage etc is to get a radio off the ai on the ai missions, and yeah, 1 of the missions is in russian, anyone able to translate? lol ..

Can you post a screenshot of the marker you are refering to btw? not aware of any "strange" ones, should only be markers for traders etc.

The EVR storm isn't an issue if it affects the zeds at the same time, I got knocked down and they broke my leg, I couldn't do anything so i was attacked by them and ended up dying cause i wasn't crawling for hours.

The marker i refer to is on your map screen above, the red checkered circle that looks like a mission but there's nothing there.

Also some of the missions are in some odd places, one was on the side of a cliff, I'd be happy to make some custom points if you want ?

Aha ok, a few things..EVR effecting zeds, something i'd love to do, but no idea how, if anyone wants to have a bash feel free.

The marker, yeah forgot about that, that's a big ass safe zone, during testing, that area was used by 1 clan for making a base, they did so, and completely dominated the airfield area and pretty much killed off the server due to the fact no-one could get to the airfield and it's loot spawns, so now its a temporary measure to prevent anyone building a base there until i finalise some terrain changes in that area to prevent problems further down the line.

The missions, to be honest after installed WAI i didnt have time to check all the mission configs for the mission positions, iirc they are fixed locations and need adjusting on a per map basis, which i will do at some point.  

Also the server may be down for a day or so in the next few days while i shift it over to a new box so its geographically closer to the database server, should prevent a few issues with latency to the hive.  

Nigel.

BTW if you are enjoying Nogova, i'd urge you to also try the Miroslavl map we host to, unfortunately I didnt create that terrain so i cant make terrain changes, but it's a refreshing change, quite sparce, almost 85% flat terrain,, perfect for building bases :)

You thought about porting this to A3 ? It'll be the #1 ArmA 3 Epoch map :D

hah in fact Hotzenplotz who i did the terrain with has already a working version for A3, i don't think its been made public yet, and it requires the A3MP package, ideally a full on conversion to A3 would be better but at the moment the new terrain tools just aren't up to the job.  To give you an idea of what Nogova would look like on A3 check this link, it's the Everon map, but as with all Hotze's terrain, we use his base texture package so they will all have a similar look.

Enjoy :)