Server setup problems.

Virauge

Question

I downloaded the server files 1.0.2.0 from this website.  I downlaoded the client files 1.0.2.0 from dayz commander.  I setup my database.  I setup the config (config.cfg).  I setup the hive.ini file to connect to my database.  I started the server, no errors.

I put the IP and port in dayz commander as a favorite server and it doesn't populate the name of the server or the ping, just the ip and port with a red 10000 as ping.

When I try to connect to the server I get the dayz splash screen and then an error message:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_epoch, glt_m300t, sigisolda, suv_col, map_eu, jetskiyanahuiaddon

Whats not working causing these errors?  The server client files and my cleint files are identical.

Can anyone help?

10 answers to this question

vbawol,

Ghost/Sweets helped us out, looks like it was a problem with a port setting, once we got that configured correctly fired right up.  Only thing we're noticing now is a few trader items missing, mainly the bulk generic items (scrap) from the wholesaler, looking into it now.

Thanks

EDIT:  Looks like Virauge might not have used the latest sql update posted here: https://raw.github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/master/Server%20Files/mysql/epoch.sql  Going to give that a try.

I have the same issue with dayz commander on my local test server. Even with the ip specified as a favourite dzc won't see my server.

If commander doesn't know which mod you are running you will get the client errors as the mod isn't loaded.

I have loaded the mod, in game, and use the built in arma server browser to join now.

I have the same issue with dayz commander on my local test server. Even with the ip specified as a favourite dzc won't see my server.

If commander doesn't know which mod you are running you will get the client errors as the mod isn't loaded.

I have loaded the mod, in game, and use the built in arma server browser to join now.

Lol.. not just me that has to do it this way then:)

I was feeling so stupid not being able to suss this one!

By default 

vbawol,

Ghost/Sweets helped us out, looks like it was a problem with a port setting, once we got that configured correctly fired right up.  Only thing we're noticing now is a few trader items missing, mainly the bulk generic items (scrap) from the wholesaler, looking into it now.

Thanks

EDIT:  Looks like Virauge might not have used the latest sql update posted here: https://raw.github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/master/Server%20Files/mysql/epoch.sql  Going to give that a try.

The bulk crates of scrap metal is missing from the traders, will add this for 1.0.2.2.

This is likely related to not having in the config.cfg: reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";