[KeyChain] Epoch Devs..interested ?

Sandbird

KeyChain

If you guys are interested i am willing to share. It needs an extra database table though to hold the array. So vanilla db or SQLs wont cut it.

Of course a new toobelt item is needed...i am using dogtags now.

And also there is no way to loot the keychain...it is locked to the player's UID when picked up so it shows the holder's keys (intentionally i did that for obvious reasons..cause otherwise in a few weeks everyone would have everyones keys)

The problem I see is that people likes stealing vehicles, which is part of the game, otherwise you could simply attach vehicle to playerID avoiding keys. This could probably work if public variable was used in init config, like DZE_keychain = 1; giving server admins a choice between systems. Or something like that.

i am very interested into this :)

Well the biggest problem with all this (hence the release to epoch team) is that it uses custom SQLs....so vanilla epoch servers with the current hiveext.dll can never make this work....plus it uses a new table.

The problem I see is that people likes stealing vehicles, which is part of the game, otherwise you could simply attach vehicle to playerID avoiding keys. This could probably work if public variable was used in init config, like DZE_keychain = 1; giving server admins a choice between systems. Or something like that.

I know but like i said..there is no alternative..becase:

1. Keychains are like normal items....They are not keys with unique IDs and names....so placing for example your keychain and a chain you found...there is nothing separating them..no distinction..I wont know which one is which
  2. Lets say the above is solved...Eventually everyone would have everyone's keys...Good luck trying to figure out which keys belongs to which car to 'remove' it from the keychain and make a copy for your friend. Sure images help...but if you have 20 keys for 20 different SUVs there is no way you can find it easily.

I WANT I WANT I WANT :D

Sorry, sound like a spoilt kid there huh! :X

If you're planning to release this let me know, would love to have it on the server!

KeyChain

If you guys are interested i am willing to share. It needs an extra database table though to hold the array. So vanilla db or SQLs wont cut it.

Of course a new toobelt item is needed...i am using dogtags now.

And also there is no way to loot the keychain...it is locked to the player's UID when picked up so it shows the holder's keys (intentionally i did that for obvious reasons..cause otherwise in a few weeks everyone would have everyones keys)

Can't someone just create a toolbelt item that would open to show slots like a backpack which could save the keys in one toolbelt slot?

A keychain is the one thing Epoch needs most imo. Or a larger toolbelt.

As you can probably tell, I know SFA about scripting / coding.