How does the DayZ 1.8 loot system work, I would like to know so I can prepare my server.

bigpak

Hello everone, I had a question about how the Dayz 1.8 loot system works,Does it re-spawn upon restarts, after a certain amount of time, can it still be farmed? I am wanting to prepare my server and know how this is going to affect loot spawning. Thank you for your time and patience.

Hello everone, I had a question about how the Dayz 1.8 loot system works,Does it re-spawn upon restarts, after a certain amount of time, can it still be farmed? I am wanting to prepare my server and know how this is going to affect loot spawning. Thank you for your time and patience.

I think they are only switching to the version 1.8 loot table format, so instead of having a list of items that can spawn, followed by a list of the percentages, the percentages are listed next to the items. Look at Epoch's loot tables and compare it to the Dayz 1.8 loot tables and you'll understand.

wasn't that way implemented in 1.7.7.1 ? My namalsk has the same type of format as epoch does

No, Epoch still uses the old loot table format. For example:

trash[] = {
{
"TrashTinCan",
"TrashJackDaniels",
"ItemSodaEmpty",
"ItemTrashToiletpaper",
"ItemTrashRazor"
},
{
}
};

Some maps have used the "New" way before.  Just not Epoch

I'm pretty sure that the loot tables are Epoch based and not map based...

So wait, will they be making a tutorial on how to do custom loot again? :S I wouldn't know how to figure it out myself which is worrying me

The shouldn't need to. The new chances for loot to spawn will be next to the items rather than below it. That's about it.