[Release] Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission.With.Database.Interaction

It didn't like username: root without password :)  I made new user and now I get wanted result from Arma2NetExplorer query but the editor still crashes with same .rpt :blink:

This looks like a problem in Arma2NET log

06/17/2014 17:43:43 Arma2Net.Unmanaged loaded successfully

06/17/2014 17:43:43 Fatal unhandled exception of type System.IO.FileNotFoundException
06/17/2014 17:43:43 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e'
at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunctionImpl(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)
at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

It didn't like username: root without password :)  I made new user and now I get wanted result from Arma2NetExplorer query but the editor still crashes with same .rpt :blink:

This looks like a problem in Arma2NET log

Are you sure you extracted the files in the proper place ?

In your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead you should have:

A folder called: @Arma2Net

Inside @Arma2Net there should be a bunch of .dll files and a folder called Addins. Inside there should be Arma2NETMySQLPlugin to link it to the database plus some other folders.

Also in the root arma2oa folder there should be folder Arma2NETMySQLPlugin that has 2 folders and 5 more files.

In your C:\Users\Sandbird\AppData\Local folder you should have 2 folders:

Arma2NET and Arma2NETMySQL

Inside Arma2NETMySQL should be a logs folders and a Databases.txt file.

Also try this. Sometimes the DLL files get blocked on Windows. Right click on the relevant DLL files for Arma2NET and go into the security tab and unblock them. See if that helps.

And if nothing of the above work....then get this: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/  and install it...and make sure you got the latest .Net 4.0 framework http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

All files are in right place, triple checked. Not sure what you mean with unblocking but all .dll files show allowed. ADO.NET driver didn't help. I'm running .Net framework 4.5.1. Is that problem?

Nah, 4.5.1 is enough...not sure what else is the problem then :/

I think you should start reading http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128795-Arma2MySQL/page12  arma2net forum or ask for help there cause this is definitely a windows version <--> Arma2Net problem and i dont know what i else i do to help you there.

Thanks, I'll try to figure it out. I would really love to use this. Lost my nerves yesterday after restarting the server 50 times to get simple code to work as I wanted :)

You could try my old 3d.live.mission

It doesnt have DB interaction...but it should work fine if you are making a script that doesnt require it.

The idea is great!

Now I'm wondering~

if you say, you've rewrote the hive calls to the NET framework~ would it be also possible to use same technique to rewrite it to a linux server compatible .so library? :D

other question~ I guess, the editor won't open any listen-port for others to join the test area? ^^

edit:

ah, found a bug^^

the present version is trying to load the Databases.txt from wrong path~ (and failing at this.. freezing whole ArmA client)

Info: 00:50:25 - Logging started in directory: C:\Users\crckdns\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL/logs/
Info: 00:50:25 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 00:50:25 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 00:50:25 - Loading databases...
Warning: 00:50:25 - Unable to find the Databases.txt file here: D:\Games\ARMA2\Databases.txt
Info: 00:50:25 - Databases.txt file loading in from: C:\Users\crckdns\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL/Databases.txt
Info: 00:50:25 - Type: mysql Database: dayzlocal IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3406 Username: dayzlocal Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 00:50:26 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
pps: The missions folder (for non-steam version) is at

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CHARNAME\missions

The idea is great!

Now I'm wondering~

if you say, you've rewrote the hive calls to the NET framework~ would it be also possible to use same technique to rewrite it to a linux server compatible .so library? :D

other question~ I guess, the editor won't open any listen-port for others to join the test area? ^^

I rewrote the hive calls, meaning i rewrote the SQLs taken from the .dlls...i didnt do anything fancy like like dll compiling :P

I think there is an Arma2NetMysql for linux out there....so these files here (i mean the root files for arma2net not the mission file)  wont work for you. You have to get the equivalent for linux.

The editor mission should work fine the way it is....oh besides the real date .dll....that wont work either...so in the init.sqf dont set true datetime.

Yeah sometimes it reads the databases.txt from the arma folder and sometimes from the Appdata folder....dont know why....hence the 2 times copy of the Databases.txt

thanks for the fast reply :D

one more question left:
I wanted to test/adjust the WAI in the editor, but the loading via ExecVM isn't working, giving me \z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf not found error..
any idea on that?

I thought it would work if I place it into missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\dayz_server\EMS  XD

thanks for the fast reply :D

one more question left:

I wanted to test/adjust the WAI in the editor, but the loading via ExecVM isn't working, giving me \z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf not found error..

any idea on that?

I thought it would work if I place it into missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\dayz_server\EMS  XD

Yeah in the editor when you want to load dayz_server stuff....its not z\addons\.....

Its plain dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf

And of course you put the files in the dayz_server folder.

Well, finally gave it another go following the ARMA2NetMySQLPlugin docs.  Installed Mono and did a bit of tweeking and finally get a response back via ARMA2Net explorer...

Will now have a look at getting it working with ARMA II and your mod here.  Hopefully this will make testing so much easier  :D .

Now we have a hiveext.Dll with the 999 call available, will you be producing a version using that so we are not dependant on ARMA2NET ?.

Would be fantastic if you are able. ARMA2NET with the mission editor still throws guys for me even though ARMA2NET explorer works and pulls back data.

Now we have a hiveext.Dll with the 999 call available, will you be producing a version using that so we are not dependant on ARMA2NET ?.

Would be fantastic if you are able. ARMA2NET with the mission editor still throws guys for me even though ARMA2NET explorer works and pulls back data.

Arma2Net allows querying any table with any table cell name...this new dll does not give you total freedom (yet) so it cant be used as a general solution especially in the editor...since god knows what type of scripts people are gonna be scripting. Update/insert/delete to any table and cell (with whatever name the modder wants to have) is a must in the editor.

Until this .dll gives you total freedom...then i cant update this mod.

I still dont understand why its not working with your machine....You are trying this in your home computer right ? Not the real server....What type of windows do you have ? Did you try disable UAC and firewall ?

Try disabling them and test again.

Arma2Net allows querying any table with any table cell name...this new dll does not give you total freedom (yet) so it cant be used as a general solution especially in the editor...since god knows what type of scripts people are gonna be scripting. Update/insert/delete to any table and cell (with whatever name the modder wants to have) is a must in the editor.

Until this .dll gives you total freedom...then i cant update this mod.

I still dont understand why its not working with your machine....You are trying this in your home computer right ? Not the real server....What type of windows do you have ? Did you try disable UAC and firewall ?

Try disabling them and test again.

On the ARMA2NET really don't know.  I did catch Norton removing the ARMA2NET Explorer because "not enough info on safety so quarantine'.  That 'feature' has now been disabled.

Being able to UID I would think should be enough as I cant see why dynamic table creation and management would be required from scripts when structures can be created on a mod install.  Indexing may be useful but only really on server start.  SP execution would be nice and 998 may cover that.

THe ability to use ARMA2NET has improved as connectivity is possible with the explorer (which wasn't previously) but now the ARMA2NET GPFs when streaming objects loading the mission file. 

I am using Windows 7 Pro with Dot Net 4.5.

Info: 12:40:28 - Received - Database: dayz_epoch SQL Query: SELECT InstanceID FROM character_data LIMIT 1
Warning: 12:40:28 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): La table 'dayz_epoch.character_data' n'existe pas
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
   bei Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.RunOnDatabase(MySqlCommand command, Int32 maxResultSize)

How do i fix this?

On the ARMA2NET really don't know.  I did catch Norton removing the ARMA2NET Explorer because "not enough info on safety so quarantine'.  That 'feature' has now been disabled.

Being able to UID I would think should be enough as I cant see why dynamic table creation and management would be required from scripts when structures can be created on a mod install.  Indexing may be useful but only really on server start.  SP execution would be nice and 998 may cover that.

THe ability to use ARMA2NET has improved as connectivity is possible with the explorer (which wasn't previously) but now the ARMA2NET GPFs when streaming objects loading the mission file. 

I am using Windows 7 Pro with Dot Net 4.5.

Using the 3d.live editor with arma2net allows you to write script with total db freedom. Like the 'Mail Base Owner' video i posted earlier or a Garage that stores vehicles or Gold currency or whatever..

Arma2net is really easy to use...and secure as well...since it can use a different user/pass/db.

The hiveext.dll doesnt have this freedom yet. It uses the same user/pass you got in your hiveext.ini and i couldnt find any 998 or 999 call references to make it work so easy as the arma2net.

I am sorry that your machine isnt 'playing' the mission file...but have you tried a vanilla mission file instead ? Like use my .bat to load the editor with the arma2net extension and make a new mission file that uses arma2net. Does it still crash then ?

Did you put all the .dlls where they should be? including the real_date.dll ?

You are the only one that cant execute this thing....so the problem is 100% with your computer setup.

Info: 12:40:28 - Received - Database: dayz_epoch SQL Query: SELECT InstanceID FROM character_data LIMIT 1
Warning: 12:40:28 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): La table 'dayz_epoch.character_data' n'existe pas
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
   bei Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.RunOnDatabase(MySqlCommand command, Int32 maxResultSize)

How do i fix this?

La table 'dayz_epoch.character_data' n'existe pas

do you have a database called dayz_epoch ?

Using the 3d.live editor with arma2net allows you to write script with total db freedom. Like the 'Mail Base Owner' video i posted earlier or a Garage that stores vehicles or Gold currency or whatever..

Arma2net is really easy to use...and secure as well...since it can use a different user/pass/db.

The hiveext.dll doesnt have this freedom yet. It uses the same user/pass you got in your hiveext.ini and i couldnt find any 998 or 999 call references to make it work so easy as the arma2net.

I am sorry that your machine isnt 'playing' the mission file...but have you tried a vanilla mission file instead ? Like use my .bat to load the editor with the arma2net extension and make a new mission file that uses arma2net. Does it still crash then ?

Did you put all the .dlls where they should be? including the real_date.dll ?

You are the only one that cant execute this thing....so the problem is 100% with your computer setup.

La table 'dayz_epoch.character_data' n'existe pas

do you have a database called dayz_epoch ?

yes - thumb_6218473mysql.jpg

can you tell me how i do this?

In phpmyadmin were you where click the dayz_epoch on the left then click Importieren on the right and you should see a Browse button.

Then extract the epoch zip file and import one by one all the SQL files (hit the browse button to select the files)...starting with the epoch.sql.

Thats it...you now have a database called dayz_epoch with all the necessary tables and data inside for an epoch server.

Info: 00:45:15 - Logging started in directory: C:\Users\ovrdsd\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL/logs/
Info: 00:45:15 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 00:45:15 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 00:45:15 - Loading databases...
Info: 00:45:15 - Databases.txt file loading in from: E:\SteamGame\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@Arma2NET\Databases.txt
Info: 00:45:15 - Type: mysql Database: dayz_epoch IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: dayz Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 00:45:15 - Received - Database: dayz_epoch SQL Query: SELECT InstanceID FROM character_data LIMIT 1

Seems to be working, but arma 2 OA crashing when i am in preview mode.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is awesome ...

Do you parse the mission like the regular map editor?

I got a huge problem at that point, since im using a custom mission featuring the creating of hundreds of objects via for-loops.

The problem is simple, the editor doesnt support loops in the mission .... Only works with static object settings it seems.

But anyway, gonna test your project!

Uh why wouldn't it work? I've wrote tons of code with loops using this and I can also load sqf files with map objects.if your code works in normal dayz epoch server then it should work in my mission as well. Just take care of the getplayeruid variable I mention in the 1st page and you should be fine