Pictures on big SIGNS / Billboards

CrixzGamez

Question

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had or could make a tutorial on how to add pictures to signs? 

Iv seen this on a couple of servers, and looked around on the web.. Havent really found anything "helpfull"

If you wonder what I mean here is a picture example:

8Je8Q.jpg

Iv tried doing what this video says.. but I cant get it to work :/

Hi,

The map file is located in the root of my mission file.

MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\map1c.jpg

Ok, but it looks like you are storing the code for your sign in the mission.sqf (I would use a seperate .sqf file), which is in the server side files (dayz_server.pbo) but yet you have no path to the .jpg file. Shouldn't you need to specify a path to that jpg file if it's stored someplace other than the code?

Hi,

When I first started to figure this bit of code out, I started in the editor. I loaded up epoch and origins and then ctrl E for editor , and dropped into a mission.sqf file all the sign classes I could find in the editor vehicles list.

Then I started to fiddle with the code to make the jpg show up. I found by putting this:

this setObjectTexture [0, "test.jpg"]

into the object init field for the "WarfareBunkerSign" and putting the jpg file in the editor mission folder I managed to get an image onto the sign.

Looking at the code inside the editor mission.sqf Arma translates the above to:

_this setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""test.jpg""]";

The jpg is 512x512 and that was the format I found that worked.

So when I came to add it to my testserver, the mission.sqf section went into the mission.sqf and I just dropped the jpg's into the mission root folder.

I do seem to remember fiddling around with the jpg format and which type of sign it was before I got it to work.

As soon as I got it working on the "WarfareBunkerSign" I didn't test out any more sign types. If you saw the product of my skills with images (think non-existent, the images I have are placeholders for what my minds eye can see), you would immediately know why.

Yeah I was talking about the big "AD" billboards.  I thought that was what the OP was talking about.

Here's one I made to replace the sunflower man near skalisty:

http://imgur.com/PozLFdc

I did a bunch.  If anyone works them out, I'll post em all.

"OPRAH HAS HUGE AREOLAS made me spit out my coffee when I read that and snorted the other half of the cup laughing so hard.