How do I call scripts added to the dayz_server.pbo?

neiljb

I am trying to add my server scripts to the server pbo rather than having a huge mission file. Do I call the scripts from the server_functions.sqf in the same way I would the init.sqf?

Should I add my scripts folder to the init folder inside the dayz_server.pbo, then call it by adding something like [] execVM "scripts\scriptname.sqf"; to the bottom of the server_functions.sqf?

Yup. Use a similar path to the other server pbo stuff. Starts with z\addons\dayz_server\<folder name here>\scriptname.sqf.

Be sure to ensure the prefix is correct when packaging your server .pbo, is the biggest issue, can usually tell by missing file errors in . rpt file.

• 6 months later...

Hey Epoch community,

yes is an old post but I have to know something :D

Because we have a very large mission file to download, we wanted to fill our addons and scripts all in the dayz_server.pbo.

can we move all in the Server.pbo or are there limits?

Bring that perhaps LOSS performance when the server.pbo needs to load everything?

If so, it should then be divided between mission.pbo and server.pbo?

And what should be in any case in the server.pbo and what is not?

We have already cleanedup the mission folder from unnecessary, everything else is used.

Thanks in advance!

Ace

Hey Epoch community,

yes is an old post but I have to know something :D

Because we have a very large mission file to download, we wanted to fill our addons and scripts all in the dayz_server.pbo.

can we move all in the Server.pbo or are there limits?

Bring that perhaps LOSS performance when the server.pbo needs to load everything?

If so, it should then be divided between mission.pbo and server.pbo?

And what should be in any case in the server.pbo and what is not?

We have already cleanedup the mission folder from unnecessary, everything else is used.

Thanks in advance!

Ace

from what I understand moving things server side will make the server work harder.  It seems that a new trend forming is headless clients to handle ai.  People are moving scripts clientside to headless clients in order to offload the server.

If I am getting your question right, you want to increase performance.  This may be something you want to look into.

As far as the limitations, I am not certain of that.

Yup. Use a similar path to the other server pbo stuff. Starts with z\addons\dayz_server\<folder name here>\scriptname.sqf.

Be sure to ensure the prefix is correct when packaging your server .pbo, is the biggest issue, can usually tell by missing file errors in . rpt file.

This way i tried many times, but with no success...

Either i receive a "script not found" message or the script doesnt work...

Furtherways i think there are many scripts which are only able to run in mission file, not in the server.pbo.