Dedicated server help needed

syco

Question

I purchased a dedicated server today with vilayer and I am lost on what needs to be done. What I am looking for is some kind of guide to install epoch and many other dayz mods. Also I am willing to pay someone to teach me how to do this. I have a lot of experience setting up server from dayz.st or vilayer but not dedicated servers. Easy way to contact me is by team speak 3. IP  ts55.light-speed.com:4176. Just message me (SyCo) if I am in a channel you can not join.

What I have done so far is download and extract epoch server/client files and install arma 2/arma 2 oa via steam.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I did just what you said and found several post on howto's on this forum and others. Sofar I have followed firedemon's howto for the server/sql install and it seems like the server is running but not showing up in the commander. What I wonder is if there is a way to see if the server is really running and MySQL is running also.

I get this pop up in a box when launching with the .bat file

22:29:49 Dedicated host created.
22:29:50 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.164)
22:29:50 Host identity created.

I think that means the server is running??

EDIT: After looking through some more post I saw that some had to open ports. Well I turned off network firewall and boom server shows up in commander however when I connect I get a screen were I can pick difficulty and map then click ok and a vote timer counts down then does nothing. Not sure what I have done wrong. I don't see anyone else having this problem.

I did just what you said and found several post on howto's on this forum and others. Sofar I have followed firedemon's howto for the server/sql install and it seems like the server is running but not showing up in the commander. What I wonder is if there is a way to see if the server is really running and MySQL is running also.

I get this pop up in a box when launching with the .bat file

22:29:49 Dedicated host created.
22:29:50 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.164)
22:29:50 Host identity created.

I think that means the server is running??

EDIT: After looking through some more post I saw that some had to open ports. Well I turned off network firewall and boom server shows up in commander however when I connect I get a screen were I can pick difficulty and map then click ok and a vote timer counts down then does nothing. Not sure what I have done wrong. I don't see anyone else having this problem.

I wouldn't suggest turning off your firewall.. Open the correct ports and keep the firewall on.