Double spawning?

Dacripla

Question

I have been building server for the last couple days and im almost down with all the things I need to launch the server to public. I have spent all day figuring out custom building spawns and what not and now I figure it out. The only problem is that the barracks or any building that I want loot to spawn in. It spawns 2-3 of the same buildings inside of each other. I have been trying to find a fix to this for like 2 hours but nothing. Also (this doesn't matter as much) where ever i put the building down in the editor. The building will move slightly when i get them on the server. If anyone has a fix for that to, that would be great  :D

9 answers to this question

The editor will do that whenever you reopen the .sqf again in the editor. Try to make as little changes as possible. Also if your going to add something or make a change try to start with a new file everytime. With the buildings that duplicate what is the classnames? Do they have the word map or land in front or neither? Whenever you ask for help, its smart and more likely to get help if you post important info like who's hosting your server, what type of build reality or bliss and also post the code or file you are working with and any other mods or scripts you have installed. That way people don't have to ask for it and waste time :)

The editor will do that whenever you reopen the .sqf again in the editor. Try to make as little changes as possible. Also if your going to add something or make a change try to start with a new file everytime. With the buildings that duplicate what is the classnames? Do they have the word map or land in front or neither? Whenever you ask for help, its smart and more likely to get help if you post important info like who's hosting your server, what type of build reality or bliss and also post the code or file you are working with and any other mods or scripts you have installed. That way people don't have to ask for it and waste time :)

lol my bad dude. we are running it off our computers. The scripts I have put Action menu, WAI, Toggle Snapping, Safezones, Infistar admin tools, Tow and Lift, Radio Communications.

Here is the file: http://pastebin.com/hEBspnVX

If there is anything else you need let me know. :D

No prob :). Question, are you running this with a Exec command in your init.sqf? If so, what might be happening and what happened to me was, when I added buildings like this it actually added them into my database every time it ran creating duplicates. Not sure if that's normal but it did. You can always try adding the buildings to your mission.sqm. To do that though, you will need to take the mission.sqf the editor creates and convert it to the 2D version a mission.sqm. Heres the one I use. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204. Let me know if this info helps. :)

are barracks the only thing spawning double?

are you running it in the mission pbo or server pbo?

ZeroKOOL: You don't need a tool to convert it. Just remove the centre, sides and unit and place

if (isServer) then {

at the top, and place an extra

}; at the bottom.

are barracks the only thing spawning double?

are you running it in the mission pbo or server pbo?

ZeroKOOL: You don't need a tool to convert it. Just remove the centre, sides and unit and place

if (isServer) then {

at the top, and place an extra

}; at the bottom.

Yes you do. If your running it through your mission.sqm it needs an entirely different format. If your running a seperate call and script then all you need to do is remove the center, unit and group. Depends on how you do it and which type of server or hosting you have.

lol my bad dude. we are running it off our computers. The scripts I have put Action menu, WAI, Toggle Snapping, Safezones, Infistar admin tools, Tow and Lift, Radio Communications.

Here is the file: http://pastebin.com/hEBspnVX

If there is anything else you need let me know. :D

Try chaning the first line of your script..

from

if (true) then

to this

if (isServer) then {

like I said though, it depends on a few things. Also, look through the tutorial Insertcoins posted. Theres a section on Double Spawning. For me and stupid Dayz.St it doesn't apply but maybe it will work for you.

Try chaning the first line of your script..

from

if (true) then

to this

if (isServer) then {

like I said though, it depends on a few things. Also, look through the tutorial Insertcoins posted. Theres a section on Double Spawning. For me and stupid Dayz.St it doesn't apply but maybe it will work for you.

When I used dayz.st I could call the files from both my server and mission pbo using a /buidlings/file.sqf

Did they change this within the last year?

When I used dayz.st I could call the files from both my server and mission pbo using a /buidlings/file.sqf

Did they change this within the last year?

It seems so. I have tried both ways with some success but also weird glitches. Only way so far I have got them in almost perfectly is by adding them to the mission.sqm file in the mission PBO but, it seems to lag the server a bit and I get this weird glitch where players, upon server restart spawn in the middle of the edited area. I believe it has to do with the "center" created in the editor but that part gets removed when converting the sqf into a sqm. I'm going to try calling it server side again with a slightly different method I found online. So far I am not happy with Dayz.St on this part of the server and the lack of instance building and building tables in the database.