Placing Items/Worldmap/Doubling Map/Questions

I apologize for not being able to be more concise... but I started playing on a Sauerland server the other day. Put down a safe in a castle wall (done it a million times before on other servers) and once it gave me a combo, I tried interacting with it and nothing. Like the safe wasn't there. Now, the castle I'm putting it in in the one SW of the main town with the airport (NE of map) and as I understand it, that's a potential trader location... so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. The admin on the map told me something that I'm struggling to understand... he said that Sauerland basically had multiple parts (was stiched together on multiple maps) so sometimes items had double-entries and that could cause issues access/building and that I should build somewhere else, like more toward the middle of the map. 

Does this make ANY sense at all? I'm struggling with trying to figure out how Sauerland could be different and why building in the center of the map (which I basically already am) would be different than anywhere else? Or does this just sound like a local map/server issue?

I apologize for not being able to be more concise... but I started playing on a Sauerland server the other day. Put down a safe in a castle wall (done it a million times before on other servers) and once it gave me a combo, I tried interacting with it and nothing. Like the safe wasn't there. Now, the castle I'm putting it in in the one SW of the main town with the airport (NE of map) and as I understand it, that's a potential trader location... so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. The admin on the map told me something that I'm struggling to understand... he said that Sauerland basically had multiple parts (was stiched together on multiple maps) so sometimes items had double-entries and that could cause issues access/building and that I should build somewhere else, like more toward the middle of the map. 

Does this make ANY sense at all? I'm struggling with trying to figure out how Sauerland could be different and why building in the center of the map (which I basically already am) would be different than anywhere else? Or does this just sound like a local map/server issue?

if i understand yor post right, i  think ist a missconfiguration of the Server or something else.

On my Testserver, all works fine.

You can build at all locations, but at some points are traderlocations.

You can totaly feel free to build where ever you want. But remember: Sauerland is work in progress, so that some locations can overbuild with some updates. 

regards

Thanks, Falcon, for the clarification!

Totally understand it's a work in progress... and trust me, it's something that I appreciate. I just wanted to understand (with what little understanding I have to begin with) what the admin was telling as best I can. 

Thanks for the HUGE map!